Fashion 4Word: Halloween Edition

Halloween is a time to let loose and express yourself with a creative costume; it’s all about the shock value and how far you can push the envelope. Finding yourself with no costume but a plethora of Halloween party options this weekend? Whether you hope to elicit laughs or gasps, get original this year and check out my top picks for All Hallows’ Eve 2010.

Dirty Jerz in the MIA

Clearly with Halloween “you need to be on your tip-top game with your GTL to stay FTD to get the girls DTF in MIA,” as they put it so eloquently in MTV’s hit show “Jersey Shore.” So why not embrace the ridiculous and bust out in a Snooki or Pauly-D rendition this year? Don’t forget the poof or hair gel, of course.

Embrace the news: JetBlue and autotune

It’s good to find humor in life, but this Halloween it’s important to recognize that sometimes the funniest moments aren’t scripted (sorry, “Jersey Shore”). Take a nod from the news and impersonate someone with panache. Dress as the angry JetBlue flight attendant, Steven Slater. He knew a wide variety of curse words and especially how to make an unforgettable exit (down the airplane’s emergency evacuation slide while double-fisting beers). Better yet, suit up as Antoine Dodson, the Huntsville, Ala. man made famous by the Gregory Brothers’ Youtube music video remix of his T.V. interview. Sport his huge ‘fro, red handkerchief and black tank, and be sure to warn many a party-goer to “Hide yo’ kids! Hide yo’ wife!” with some auto-tuned flair.

“Look at your man, now back to me…”

Want to have game this Halloween? Dress as the hilarious Old Spice man, made famous by the deodorant company’s Super Bowl T.V. commercial last year. The requirements? Washboard abs, a bare chest, skintight white football pants (a nod to Isaiah Mustafa’s former role as an NFL wide receiver), a cocky attitude and a bottle of Old Spice’s acclaimed body wash.

“Just dance” away from the “paparazzi”

Want a costume that just screams for attention? Then Lady Gaga is the perfect Halloween choice for you. From the ridiculous to downright bizarre, Lady G has worn it all (even a dress made entirely of raw meat), which provides you with many an outfit to choose from. Take your pick: popular options range from her “Poker Face” blue swimsuit ensemble complete with blue gloves to her 2009 VMA white performance outfit. Basically, if it’s bright, tight and outrageous, you’re in the clear.

Danielle Kaslow

Senior EDGE Writer

It wasn’t long ago when the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020 included the top three rising senior pro ...

Six new Hurricanes football players arrived on campus and began classes Monday, a group including a ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are transforming weather forecasts by creating a seasonal for ...

Imagine simulating diabetes, lung cancer, or heart disease on a device no larger than a credit card. ...

Alabama’s new abortion law puts the issue of women’s rights in the spotlight for the upcoming 2020 e ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Four Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the Atlantic Coast Conference Monday for their ...

The University of Miami football program announced Tuesday that it has agreed to a home football gam ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team started her NCAA Singles Cha ...

The Barcelona, Spain, native caps his sophomore campaign with a team-high 21 singles wins. ...

The University of Miami track and field program garnered 20 entries in the 2019 NCAA East Preliminar ...