Music Minute: Halloween Edition

It’s October and Halloween is in the air, which means it’s time to embrace all things sinister, devilish or otherwise alien. Make sure your fright-night pregame playlist is as freaky as the costumes you’ll be stumbling in later.

1. “Devil in a New Dress” by Kanye West – This is Kanye doing what he does best: rapping over a sample that accentuates the meaning of his rhyme.
  2. “Embrace the Martian” by Crookers (feat. Kid Cudi) – Only Cudi could make the idea of being abducted by an extraterrestrial seem inviting.
  3. “One Night in New York City” by The Horrorist – Don’t listen to this one alone in the dark – it’s a creepy bedtime story only for seasoned technoheads.
  4. “What Else Is There” by Royksopp (Trentmoller Remix) – Oldie but goodie – a funky electronic reverie that’s made for a late night car ride.
  5. “Must Be a Devil” by Diplo (CSY Remix) – As a clever play on Pixie’s “Hey,” this song is a mood setter perfect for Hallows’ Eve.

Nicole Adlman may be contacted at nadlman@themiamihurricane.com.

Nicole Adlman

Contributing EDGE Writer

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

As bleak as it seems now for the University of Miami, the Canes can still take a repeat trip to Char ...

A half dozen takeaways from UM’s demoralizing 16-13 loss at Virginia on Saturday: ▪ As was the case ...

So, who’s the quarterback now? The No. 16 Miami Hurricanes came to Charlottesville on Saturday with ...

More than 600 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...

The Canes have won five straight games and are 2-0 in the ACC, but they know they have a tough road ...