Students curb cravings with popular website

Ever get home from the Grove absolutely starving and realize the fridge is empty? Or pulled an all-nighter in Richter, only to feel the stomach grumbles around 2 a.m.? Eat24Hours.com has the answer to all of your late-night (or anytime) needs.

“I wish I would have known about this freshman year!” senior Kate Varnum said. “My friends and I definitely would have used it.”

Eat24Hours.com is a fast and easy online food ordering service that simplifies the ordering process at school, work and at home. Simply type in an address, select a type of cuisine and start ordering- after all it is free to use.

“You don’t pay extra, you just create an account and only the restaurants that deliver directly to you will come up,” said Eat24Hours.com customer support manager, Aubrey Erez.

Participating restaurants offer discount coupons for orders placed through Eat24Hours.com.

“The prices on the restaurant menu are the same, but you get to use a coupon that you wouldn’t get if you actually went and sat at the restaurant,” Erez said.

For example, ordering $20 of sushi may get a free California roll, or ordering two large pizzas may get a free two-liter of soda.

Eat24Hours.com saves favorite orders for future use, and also allows for the customer to order ahead and specify a later preparation time- perfect for those always in a hurry.

“I don’t have to go through the phonebook to find out if they are still delivering,” senior Kendall Bajek said.  “It is convenient that I don’t have to call and end up getting a voicemail.”

Have a question? Just use the live chat function on the Web site, where a 24-hour customer service representative is available to help.

Eat24Hours.com services over 400 cities nationwide and over 5,000 different restaurants. The site plans to launch a free iPhone application within the next few weeks.

“The goal is to be global eventually, and to be the best in customer service,” Erez said.  “We always want to hear from our customers and improve the Web site.”

Samantha Hickey

University of Miami atmospheric scientist Elliot Atlas is part of a NASA-funded project studying how ...

Led by the Miller School of Medicine, the southeast region has enrolled more than 14,000 volunteers ...

Two Commencement ceremonies will take place at the Watsco Center on the Coral Gables campus on Thurs ...

The investiture of the School of Law Dean Anthony E. Varona as the M. Minnette Massey Chair took pla ...

The University of Miami Frost School of Music's annual holiday event raises funds for the Donna ...

With an Olympic year on the horizon, former Canes star Lauryn Williams reflects on an incredible car ...

The Miami women's basketball staff just got stronger with the addition of former Hurricane stan ...

The University of Miami football program announced Sunday that it has accepted a bid to the 2019 Wal ...

Spots are filling up fast for the upcoming Gino DiMare Exposure Camp on January 18-19, 2020. ...

Greg Rousseau was one of Miami's breakout players this year and will be honored Friday night in ...