Students curb cravings with popular website

Ever get home from the Grove absolutely starving and realize the fridge is empty? Or pulled an all-nighter in Richter, only to feel the stomach grumbles around 2 a.m.? Eat24Hours.com has the answer to all of your late-night (or anytime) needs.

“I wish I would have known about this freshman year!” senior Kate Varnum said. “My friends and I definitely would have used it.”

Eat24Hours.com is a fast and easy online food ordering service that simplifies the ordering process at school, work and at home. Simply type in an address, select a type of cuisine and start ordering- after all it is free to use.

“You don’t pay extra, you just create an account and only the restaurants that deliver directly to you will come up,” said Eat24Hours.com customer support manager, Aubrey Erez.

Participating restaurants offer discount coupons for orders placed through Eat24Hours.com.

“The prices on the restaurant menu are the same, but you get to use a coupon that you wouldn’t get if you actually went and sat at the restaurant,” Erez said.

For example, ordering $20 of sushi may get a free California roll, or ordering two large pizzas may get a free two-liter of soda.

Eat24Hours.com saves favorite orders for future use, and also allows for the customer to order ahead and specify a later preparation time- perfect for those always in a hurry.

“I don’t have to go through the phonebook to find out if they are still delivering,” senior Kendall Bajek said.  “It is convenient that I don’t have to call and end up getting a voicemail.”

Have a question? Just use the live chat function on the Web site, where a 24-hour customer service representative is available to help.

Eat24Hours.com services over 400 cities nationwide and over 5,000 different restaurants. The site plans to launch a free iPhone application within the next few weeks.

“The goal is to be global eventually, and to be the best in customer service,” Erez said.  “We always want to hear from our customers and improve the Web site.”

Samantha Hickey

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

The No. 21 University of Miami and FIU have met twice in football. But, oh, what a history they have ...

When University of Miami star safety Jaquan Johnson, thought by many to be the best player on the te ...

University of Miami backup tailback DeeJay Dallas, who had his first career 100-yard rushing game Sa ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Listeners to UM President Julio Frenk’s State of the U reacted positively to the message and the Uni ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Tropical storm scientists and climate experts at the University of Miami provided insight, observati ...

Joseph Ganitsky, a professor in the Miami Business School, examines the financial crisis facing Arge ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...

The University of Miami women's golf team concluded Sunday with a sixth-place finish at the 35t ...

The University of Miami golf team is in sixth after the first two rounds of play at the 35th annual ...