Football

Miami beats Clemson 30-21 on Saturday

The University of Miami football team defeated Clemson University 30-21 Saturday afternoon in Death Valley.

UM (3-1, 1-0) forced six turnovers against the Tigers (2-2, 0-1) but none was even the biggest defensive play.

With just over eight minutes left in the fourth quarter, Miami led 27-21 and Clemson was threatening in the red zone. CU head coach Dabo Swinney decided to go for it on 4th-and-1 from the 20 yard line and junior cornerback Brandon Harris leveled running back Andre Ellington as the Tigers turned the ball over on downs.

On the ensuing drive senior kicker Matt Bosher hit a 29 yard field goal to make the game a two possession contest.

Junior quarterback Jacory Harris looked unimpressive but did throw four touchdown passes, three of them were to senior standout Leonard Hankerson who finished the day with seven grabs for 147 yards.

Harris was 13-for-33 with 205 yards passing but did throw two interceptions, one in the end zone.

Senior running back Damien Berry ran for over 100 yards.

Be sure to pick up a copy of Monday’s The Miami Hurricane for more analysis and read Professor Antweil’s report card.

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com.

Justin Antweil

They both returned to earn their degrees and finish their college football careers with their brothe ...

Court adjourned at United States v. James Gatto on Monday, but not before one last piece of good new ...

Add former five-star running back recruit Lorenzo Lingard to the growing list of injured Miami Hurri ...

Here’s our story on the big news of the day: Mark Richt admonishing N’Kosi Perry for posting a video ...

University of Miami redshirt freshman quarterback N’Kosi Perry has been reprimanded for posting a vi ...

Fresh off fall break, News@TheU catches up with students to learn what foods make them feel at home. ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

A new study by University of Miami psychology researchers of anonymous interactions suggests that hu ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The Hurricanes head to Chestnut Hill, Mass., for a for a nationally-televised game against a rough a ...

A trio of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes will continue to make a run at the ...

The Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame announced the 14 semifinalists for the 2018 Paycom Jim Thorpe Award ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team continues to have success in the Main Draw, as a pair ...