News Briefs 9/27

‘Jackass’ visits UM

Johnny Knoxville and Jeff Tremaine of “Jackass” will be on campus on Monday to sign autographs and host a mechanical bull contest from 1-2 p.m. on the UC patio.

Cuban Film Screening

Director Tomás Piard’s film “El Viajero Inmóvil/The Still Traveler”  will premiere Tuesday at the Cosford Cinema for the first time in the United States.

Dinner and a Movie

The Women’s and Gender Studies program presents their third annual Dinner and a Movie series on Thursday in the Master’s apartment of Hecht Residential College. The first film will be “Interview With a Vampire,” starring Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt.

Short Film Contest

Aspiring filmmakers across the country are invited to showcase their talent by creating an original two-to-five minute film.  A panel of expert judges will choose up to 25 finalists based on creativity, quality and content. Four winners will be chosen to receive a trip for two to the 2011 Sundance Film Festival, including hotel, air and ground transportation. Video submissions will be accepted until Oct. 31 via Time Warner Cable’s YouTube channel, youtube.com/timewarnercable.

Compiled by Parker Davis who may be contacted at pdavis@themiamihurricane.com and Stephanie Parra who may be contacted at sparra@themiamihurricane.com.

Parker Davis

Assistant News Editor

Pro Football Focus unveiled where Power 5 programs rank in tackles for a loss or no gain against the ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

Braylen Ingraham’s final college visit before decision day took him just about as far from home as p ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

On a historic afternoon for redshirt senior goalkeeper Phallon Tullis-Joyce, the University of Miami ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The Miami women's tennis team wrapped up competition Sunday at the ITA Southeast Regional Champ ...

On the first day of Main Draw action at the ITA Southeast Regional Championships Presented by Oracle ...

The Miami women's tennis team turned in a strong showing Saturday at the ITA Southeast Regional ...