SAE vandalism update

Jealousy or rage?
The unanswered question still crosses the minds of brothers of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon when they look back at what happened on August 21. The incident or investigation report shows that between the time of 11 p.m. and 11 a.m., unknown offenders vandalized the SAE house and surrounding property.
Graffiti was found on the walls and on the breezeway walls between the main house and the rear portion of the property in yellowish paint, which contained the initials of other fraternities and other vulgar words indicating a certain part of a female body.
“We do know who the suspects are, but I am not able to name them for confidentiality reasons,” said Dean of Students, Tony Lake. “We are following up through the student discipline system.”

Rebecca Zimmer may be contacted at rzimmer@themiamihurricane.com.

Rebecca Zimmer

The United States Postal Service features Emilio Sanchez, the first Cuban American visual artist to be recognized in a new series of Forever stamps. ...

With the first elevated concrete floor deck poured last week, the Frost Institute of Chemistry and Molecular Science is on pace to open in the summer of 2022. ...

In a new study that scrutinized the speech patterns of Freddie Mercury, Michael Phelps, and other celebrities, University of Miami researchers offer insights on how diet ultimately reshapes language. ...

The multidisciplinary forum in April will explore lessons learned from the regions. There is a call for papers to be presented, but abstracts must be submitted by Jan. 17. ...

Former executive vice president John L. Green Jr., who helped launch the University’s football dynasty with two key coaching hires, passed away this month. ...