Baseball

UM baseball player arrested Wednesday night

Frankie Ratcliff

According to a report on NBC Miami’s Web site, sophomore Frankie Ratcliff was arrested after 9 p.m. on Wednesday when he tried to sell pot to undercover Coral Gables detectives.

Ratcliff, who is the starting second baseman for the University of Miami baseball team, tried to negotiate the sale of 21 grams of marijuana for $220 on the 1200 block of Dickinson Drive.

After Ratcliff consented toward the officers searching his apartment, they found three more bags of pot totaling 101 grams. There were also 19 vials of steroids. He was charged with marijuana sale within 1,000 feet of a school, marijuana possession over 20 grams and possession of steroids.

UM issued the following statement Thursday morning:

“The University of Miami is aware of the arrest of student-athlete Frank Ratcliff,” it read. “The Athletic Department has suspended him indefinitely from all athletic activities.”

Anna Timmons

Editor In Chief

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “UM baseball player arrested Wednesday night”

1. Kendall says:

I was very shocked to hear about Frank, the many times I’ve gone to the games to watch him and the rest of the Cabes, Why would a talent baseball player like Franky would do this.