Baseball

UM baseball player arrested Wednesday night

Frankie Ratcliff

According to a report on NBC Miami’s Web site, sophomore Frankie Ratcliff was arrested after 9 p.m. on Wednesday when he tried to sell pot to undercover Coral Gables detectives.

Ratcliff, who is the starting second baseman for the University of Miami baseball team, tried to negotiate the sale of 21 grams of marijuana for $220 on the 1200 block of Dickinson Drive.

After Ratcliff consented toward the officers searching his apartment, they found three more bags of pot totaling 101 grams. There were also 19 vials of steroids. He was charged with marijuana sale within 1,000 feet of a school, marijuana possession over 20 grams and possession of steroids.

UM issued the following statement Thursday morning:

“The University of Miami is aware of the arrest of student-athlete Frank Ratcliff,” it read. “The Athletic Department has suspended him indefinitely from all athletic activities.”

Christina De Nicola

Editor In Chief

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

A new batch of evidence presented Monday at the college basketball trial in New York seems to furthe ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

A grant from the German government will support a series of roundtable and networking sessions on U. ...

As BioNIUM’s new director, the chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plans t ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...