Gameday gear: Wearing the right colors

It’s that time again: break out the scissors, body glitters and paint, the first home game of the season is right around the corner and it’s all about the gear. Turn these top five trends into your go-to game day style.

1. Army Fatigues – Have one of this fall’s hottest trends be your FAMU game day garb. This statement style alludes to the hey-day of Hurricane sports when our players showed up to the ’87 Fiesta Bowl looking more like infantrymen than athletes. Whether shorts, leggings, or a camouflaged cap, army print will take your look to a whole ‘nother level.

2. Shredded and shorn – The most classic way to get ready for the game is to whip out the scissors and cut your way to a picture (pitcher) perfect ensemble. Whether sliced at the sides, shredded over your midriff, or cut into a makeshift tube dress, this is one of the easiest ways to turn your school tees into wearable works of art.

3. Orange, green and (don’t forget the) white – It’s not Labor Day yet, so break out the white shorts while your legs are still tan. This is also the only time when you can wear tube socks in public without looking like a cracked-out Girls Next Door wannabe.

4. Accessorize, accessorize, accessorize – Beads, bands, and bangles galore – just make sure they’re in our colors. Body paint at your own discretion but if you can’t glitter like the glitter girls, you might as well not glitter at all.

5. Cool kicks – Last but not least, let’s talk about your feet. Bust out the high topped, candy-colored Nikes or sequin Keds you’ve been hiding in your closet all summer. Converse and distressed cowboy boots are also welcome. Life’s too short for brown flip-flops, anyway.

Nicole Adlman

Contributing EDGE Writer

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Mark Richt is sticking with the veteran. The Miami Hurricanes coach announced during the weekly Atla ...

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

A grant from the German government will support a series of roundtable and networking sessions on U. ...

As BioNIUM’s new director, the chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plans t ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

For the second straight year, all of the Miami women's basketball teams will be televised and f ...

The University of Miami soccer team heads to the Tar Heel state for a pair of road matches beginning ...

Get to Know U is a series that introduces the newest members of the Miami Hurricanes track and field ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...