Sports Briefs 8/30

Women’s Basketball

The Lady Canes will be hosting a Fantasy Camp at the BankUnited Center on Oct. 20. The event will be free of charge and open to both men and women over 21 years old.  The team will introduce campers to basketball fundamentals, drills, and team building techniques before playing in a game with UM celebrity coaches.  Space is limited on a first come, first served basis and applications must be submitted by Oct. 8. For more information contact Erica Brown at 305-284-5802.

Rowing

The rowing team will be holding a Novice Informational Meeting on Tuesday night after the informational meeting on Thursday night had a good showing.  Anyone interested in attending should meet outside of the Hecht Athletic Center at 7 p.m.

Women’s tennis

The Women’s tennis team has announced the 2010 fall schedule, which features a home tournament in September.  The Miami Fall Invitational, which will take place at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center from Sept. 26-28, will be the first tournament Miami plays host to since 2008.

Ernesto Suarez can be contacted at esuarez@themiamihurricane.com.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Ernesto Suarez

Sports Editor

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

A new batch of evidence presented Monday at the college basketball trial in New York seems to furthe ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

A grant from the German government will support a series of roundtable and networking sessions on U. ...

As BioNIUM’s new director, the chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plans t ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...