High-performance headphones hit market

Miami is a house music capital and our campus is no exception.

The new V-Moda Crossfade LP headphones are one of the newest high-end headphones on the market. They come in a variety of colors and are sure to make a fashion statement while you walk to class.

The price is very steep; these headphones retail around $250, but the hefty price tag does come with cool features. The headphones can record sound from your surroundings directly to your iPod, great for sleeping through a lecture or for those hard-to-understand science professors.

Another cool feature is the ability to turn up the volume and pause without touching your iPod, making these headphones perfect for eavesdropping on library conversations. The only problem is that the volume buttons don’t work on the computer, just on a portable device.

The sound quality is amazing; you feel like you are surrounded by sound. The small intricate details of the music also become clearer, and you start hearing little things in your favorite song that you didn’t know existed.

The music also doesn’t bleed through the phones, so no one can tell if you’re listening to DeadMau5 or the Jonas Brothers.

These headphones are great for a serious music listener. An aspiring DJ or music major will greatly benefit from these high-quality headphones. However, if you just want them to make a fashion statement, pick a cheaper pair. They’re stylish but if you aren’t a serious musician, the $250 price tag may not be worth it. Check out Urban Outfitters; almost all of their headphones retail for around $60, so you can get the style at around a quarter of the price.

Nancy Oben may be contacted at noben@themiamihurricane.com.

Rating: 3.25/4 stars

Price: $249.99
Weight: 0.6 lbs
Manufacturer: V-Moda
For more information, check out www.v-moda.com.