Football

Prized recruit Seantrel Henderson Miami bound

Courtesy of Cretin-Derham Hall

Less than 24 hours after LeBron James rocked the waves on South Beach by announcing his intentions to sign with the Miami Heat, South Florida got another big commitment, this time of the college variety.

Highly regarded offensive lineman Seantrel Henderson chose to attend the University of Miami after being released from his scholarship by the University of Southern California three days ago.

Henderson is 6-foot-8 and 340 pounds and immediately becomes the prized gem in fourth year head coach Randy Shannon’s recruiting class. The St. Paul, Minnesota native originally announced on national signing day his plans to play for head coach Lane Kiffin at USC.

Henderson has drawn comparisons to former Hurricane standout Bryant McKinnie. Henderson was rated the No. 2 best player regardless of position according to rivals.com for the class of 2010.

He was released of his scholarship after USC was placed on probation. Henderson will be eligible to play in the fall and should have an immediate impact.

The news was first reported by the New York Times. Henderson’s Facebook profile picture is a logo of “The U.” His Facebook status as of 3:30 p.m. on Friday was “IT’S ALL ABOUT THE ‘U’!”

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com.

Justin Antweil

Political science faculty members prepare to teach students the ins and outs of American politics du

The School of Nursing and Health Studies has received renewed federal funding to increase the number

Leyla Shapiro, a junior at the University of Miami, spent her summer virtually giving instructions o

As the 2020 Atlantic hurricane season heads into its peak months, Brian McNoldy, senior research ass

The new Public Health Ambassadors program, formed to support the safe reopening of campus and COVID-