for the next three days

for the next three days
adrenaline will race
pulsating throbbing and laced
with neurotypical toxins mutating into

anxiety over Thursday

for the last 51 hours and 13 minutes
and the next 72

laced
with PCP and LSD and imagery of
you
of hope and regret and in the pit of my stomach

disappointment

lucid but removed
into a snowglobe of me and you
a category 5 hurricane racing through

tumbling in the palms of a child
i hope it doesnt break

for the next three days
i contemplate

reminiscent of the January 28th
when we fell apart

tumbling in the palms of child
like overworked dough
and poems that try to rhyme

we folded
flat

words that feel like metal in the roof of your mouth
and dough that wouldn’t rise to the occasion

will you rise to the occasion?

for the next three days, i wait.

May 24, 2010

Chelsea Matiash

Editor in Chief 09'-10'

At their best, they are UM’s most dynamic players on each side of the ball. But the Ahmmon Richards ...

A day after practicing in the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility for the first time in s ...

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team picked up a victory ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...