Speak Up 4/29

What is the best part about working for The Miami Hurricane?

News Editor Ramon Galiana: “Incredibly stressful and chaotic. It sucks at first, but at the end of the day it is incredibly rewarding and we do a lot of good for the U.”

Photo Editor Brittney Bomnin: “I get confused with Pam from the Office because my desk is the receptionist desk!”

Art Director Felipe Lobon: “The delirium at midnight.”

Managing Editor Christina De Nicola: “Next year we are going to have an a cappella group that’s going to go against Vocal Adrenalin from ‘Glee’. And they’ve  got no chance because… Have you seen these air guitar skills? Watch out!”

Sports Editor Justin Antweil: “Definitely has to be the weekend ragers. Remember, it’s all about the U!”

Editor in chief Chelsea Matiash: “Definitely deadline days- probably the most stressful and rewarding part. We are all best friends here, even if we are screaming at each other during deadline. The best part is hanging out with all these people. I’m going to miss them so much! I’m so sad it’s going to be my last issue!”

Copy Chief Laura Edwins: “Writing headlines!”

Copy Editor Alexa Lopez: “And captions!”

Copy Chief Laura Edwins: “And teasers!”

Copy Editor Alexa Lopez: “And lead-ins! But best of all…”

Both: “Knowing AP style!”

Kyli Singh

Managing Editor

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

As bleak as it seems now for the University of Miami, the Canes can still take a repeat trip to Char ...

A half dozen takeaways from UM’s demoralizing 16-13 loss at Virginia on Saturday: ▪ As was the case ...

So, who’s the quarterback now? The No. 16 Miami Hurricanes came to Charlottesville on Saturday with ...

More than 600 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...

The Canes have won five straight games and are 2-0 in the ACC, but they know they have a tough road ...