Music Minute: Club Richter Mix

No fretting that Ultra is over – Miami’s hottest pre-finals venue, Club Richter, is open for business, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Open the doors and prepare to be hit by the blinding lights – fluorescent, not strobe. Pop in your headphones and get down to the music (your music that is), but not so loudly that your neighbor can hear you. While this club has its restrictions, that’s no reason for your study sessions to be anything less than a party. Bang your books to the beat and hope for the best on whatever exam you may be facing tomorrow.

“Sleepyhead” by Passion Pit
Yes, this is that stuck-in-your-head ditty you hear in the Palm Pixi commercial. Play this because the last thing you need while studying is drooping eyelids; the pulsating vocals and techno flair should be enough to keep those eyes wide open.

“Space (Klaas remix)” by Micha Moor
You may never be in the mood for class, but you  will always be in the mood for Klaas. This is one of the best songs about nothing you’ll ever hear.

“Ghosts N Stuff” by Deadmou5 feat. Rob Swire
When this comes on you might have to take your fists off the table and pump them in the air. You can’t call this overplayed while it’s still so addicting.

“Pilling Me (Klaas remix)” by Greg Cerrone
You don’t need the Adderall with songs like this. Pulling an all-nighter is a breeze with “Pilling Me” in constant circulation on your iPod’s shuffle.

“It’s Too Late” by Dirty South vs. Evermore
This one is a classic. It’s also the ultimate song to express your dismay that the weekend is over and a new school week has begun. You’ll be hooked from the intro lines, “Monday morning/hesitate/can’t get out of bed.” We can relate.

“Pon de Floor” by Major Lazer
So have you heard about that “silent dance party” set to go down in Richter during finals week? This is what you will be playing (that’s an order, not a suggestion). Pump up the volume and get down with your bad self all five minutes long.

“Pursuit of Happiness (Steve Aoki Dance Remix)” by Kid Cudi
This is the song of the moment. It’s as if Cudi has tapped into the end-of-semester mind frame of college students all over the country with his easy and addicting rhyme: “If I fall/If I die/Know I lived it to the fullest/If I fall/If I die/Know I lived and missed some bullets.” Aoki’s remix makes the song a party-worthy wonder.

“OMG” by Usher  feat. Will.i.am
And finally, something mainstream. “OMG” may be mindless, but that’s sort of the point – just get on the floor and dance like “pow-pow-pow.”

Nicole Adlman may be contacted at nadlman@themiamihurricane.com.