News Briefs 4-19

Greeks die for a cause

Tomorrow, Greeks Advocating the Mature Management of Alcohol (GAMMA) will be hosting a die-in at the Rock from 12:05 to 12:20 p.m. About 100 Greek students are expected to participate.

The event, which is intended to raise awareness about drunk driving, will also future black T-shirts that will say “I died today”.

GAMMA typically hosts events like this to inform participants about high-risk behavior.  They are the Greek counterpart to UParty, which handles similar issues with the entire student body

Re-register your student organization

The Committee on Student Organizations (COSO) asks that organizations must re-register for the 2010-2011 academic year. The deadline to complete the registration is this Friday at 5 p.m.

To view a copy of the registration form, visit www.miami.edu/myumgroups.

Ramon Galiana may be contacted at rgaliana@themiamihurricane.com.

Ramon Galiana

News Editor

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

The No. 21 University of Miami and FIU have met twice in football. But, oh, what a history they have ...

When University of Miami star safety Jaquan Johnson, thought by many to be the best player on the te ...

University of Miami backup tailback DeeJay Dallas, who had his first career 100-yard rushing game Sa ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Listeners to UM President Julio Frenk’s State of the U reacted positively to the message and the Uni ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Tropical storm scientists and climate experts at the University of Miami provided insight, observati ...

Joseph Ganitsky, a professor in the Miami Business School, examines the financial crisis facing Arge ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...

The University of Miami women's golf team concluded Sunday with a sixth-place finish at the 35t ...

The University of Miami golf team is in sixth after the first two rounds of play at the 35th annual ...