Sports Briefs

Track & Field:

The Atlantic Coast Conference named three Miami Hurricanes to it’s All-ACC Academic Indoor Track and Field team.  Senior sprinter Kristy Whyte, junior jumper Megan Novinger and junior thrower Miranda Wilson were the student athletes named to the squad on Wednesday.  Clemson led all schools, having seven of their student-athletes honored with this distinction.

Men’s Basketball:

On Thursday night the Hurricanes will host their annual Postseason Banquet where they will honor seniors Dwayne Collins, Cyrus McGowan and James Dews.  This ticketed event will take place on the BankUnited Center court, doors open at 6 p.m. A team source reports that Miami’s All-ACC Academic freshman guard Antione Allen has been putting in extra hours working on his shot in preparation for his transfer out of Frank Haith’s program over the summer.

Diving:

Senior diver and civil engineering major Reuben Ross captured his third All-ACC Academic Team award in as many years this week. He is also a seven-time All-American and is the first Hurricane diver in over five years to have been named an All-American in each of his four years.

Men’s Tennis:

Led by the red-hot Waylon Chin, the 50th-ranked Hurricanes topped the Boston College Eagles 6-1 to capture their second straight road win and third straight win overall.  They will host their final two regular season ACC matches against top ranked teams Duke and North Carolina this weekend.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Calvin Cestari can be contacted at cmcestari@themiamihurricane.com.

Calvin Cestari

Contributing Sports Writer

They both returned to earn their degrees and finish their college football careers with their brothe ...

Court adjourned at United States v. James Gatto on Monday, but not before one last piece of good new ...

Add former five-star running back recruit Lorenzo Lingard to the growing list of injured Miami Hurri ...

Here’s our story on the big news of the day: Mark Richt admonishing N’Kosi Perry for posting a video ...

University of Miami redshirt freshman quarterback N’Kosi Perry has been reprimanded for posting a vi ...

Fresh off fall break, News@TheU catches up with students to learn what foods make them feel at home. ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

A new study by University of Miami psychology researchers of anonymous interactions suggests that hu ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The Hurricanes head to Chestnut Hill, Mass., for a for a nationally-televised game against a rough a ...

A trio of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes will continue to make a run at the ...

The Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame announced the 14 semifinalists for the 2018 Paycom Jim Thorpe Award ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team continues to have success in the Main Draw, as a pair ...