Tasty treats across the street

Sophomore Lane Carico adds toppings to her frozen yogurt while at My Yogurt Bliss. Like Carico, other UM students frequent the yogurt store where they get to serve themselves different flavors and toppings, which are all weighed before making the purchase. Brittney Bomnin//Photo Editor

If you’re looking for a light frozen treat after a long day of classes but are unwilling to pack on the pounds, opt for a healthier choice at self-serve frozen yogurt store, My Yogurt Bliss. Conveniently located across from UM on U.S. 1, My Yogurt Bliss treats guests to a buffet-style yogurt bar in which the flavors change daily and the toppings never cease to entice.

When you walk into the store, grab a 16-ounce container that you can fill with frozen yogurt, mixing and matching flavors and choosing any toppings you wish. The cost is determined by the weight of the container, priced at 48 cents an ounce.

My Yogurt Bliss offers an extensive number of selections in comparison to other local choices, like Yogen Früz and Yogurbella, and presents the opportunity to prepare your own dessert. It offers 10 different flavors, ranging from conventional choices such as vanilla or strawberry, to daring flavors such as cake batter or red velvet.

Topping selections are just as diverse with over 40 choices, including brownie and cheesecake pieces, cereal, candy, sprinkles, peanuts and hot fudge. Or one can enjoy a healthier treat, topping the dish with fresh fruit.

My Yogurt Bliss, which opened earlier this semester, is already a staple in many students’ routines.

“I go to My Yogurt Bliss at least once a week, although sometimes more,” junior Danielle Watkins said. “My favorite flavor is the original and I top mine with cheesecake, strawberries and blueberries.”

The seating is limited, but this doesn’t pose a problem as many yogurt-goers purchase and leave. However, around 7 p.m. each day, the line for yogurt stretches to the back door; it’s the busiest time of the night.

If you’re ready to experience the bliss, the shop is open from 11 a.m. until 11 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and until 12 a.m. on Friday and Saturday. Whether you prefer your yogurt sweet or tart, low in calories or loaded with sugar, My Yogurt Bliss has something for everyone.

Kelly Burns can be reached at kburns@themiamihurricane.com.

My Yogurt Bliss

Where: 1554 South Dixie Highway (on U.S. 1 across from UM, between Subway and the AT&T store)

hours of operation: Sun.- Thurs.: 11 a.m.- 11 p.m.; Fri. and Sat.: 11 a.m.- 12 a.m.

Cost: 48 cents an ounce

Kelly Burns

A day after practicing in the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility for the first time in s ...

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...