SLIDESHOW: Greek Showdown

[kml_flashembed movie=”http://ssp.themiamihurricane.com/swf/slideshow.swf” height=”437″ width=”602″ fvars=”xmlfile=http://ssp.themiamihurricane.com/images.php?album=157″ base=”.” allowfullscreen=”true” wmode=”transparent” /]

The sisters of Sigma Lambda Gamma and Lambda Theta Alpha worked together to coordinate Greek Showdown, a philanthropic event that allowed participating organizations to showcase their respective step, stroll and salute.

A stroll off is dancing synced with music, while a salute is poetry in motion; each one shows a different tradition. This philanthropic event raised money from each of the participants involved, while bringing together for the first time the collaborative efforts of Sigma Lambda Gamma and Lambda Theta Alpha.

The winners of the competition were the brothers of Sigma Lambda Beta fraternity.

Photos by Brittney Bomnin and Mariana Zapotilova // The Miami Hurricane

Brittney Bomnin

Art Director

They both returned to earn their degrees and finish their college football careers with their brothe ...

Court adjourned at United States v. James Gatto on Monday, but not before one last piece of good new ...

Add former five-star running back recruit Lorenzo Lingard to the growing list of injured Miami Hurri ...

Here’s our story on the big news of the day: Mark Richt admonishing N’Kosi Perry for posting a video ...

University of Miami redshirt freshman quarterback N’Kosi Perry has been reprimanded for posting a vi ...

Fresh off fall break, News@TheU catches up with students to learn what foods make them feel at home. ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

A new study by University of Miami psychology researchers of anonymous interactions suggests that hu ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The Hurricanes head to Chestnut Hill, Mass., for a for a nationally-televised game against a rough a ...

A trio of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes will continue to make a run at the ...

The Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame announced the 14 semifinalists for the 2018 Paycom Jim Thorpe Award ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team continues to have success in the Main Draw, as a pair ...