Sports Briefs March 29th

Women’s Tennis

On Sunday afternoon, the 11th-ranked University of Miami women’s tennis team shut out the 30th-ranked Virginia Cavaliers 7-0 at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center.

Miami won all six singles matches, including seventh-ranked Laura Vallverdu’s 6-4, 6-1 victory in the first position and the lone doubles match point.

The Hurricanes improved to 12-3 on the season and remain undefeated in ACC play (6-0). The Cavaliers dropped to 10-5 and 3-2 in the ACC standings.

Diving

Senior diver Reuben Ross finished in second place with a score of 474.20 in the Consolation Finals of the NCAA three-meter diving competition in Columbus, Ohio on Saturday.

In the final match of his collegiate career, Ross picked up an Honorable Mention All-American Honor, which was the seventh in his four years at UM.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com.

Justin Antweil

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

As bleak as it seems now for the University of Miami, the Canes can still take a repeat trip to Char ...

A half dozen takeaways from UM’s demoralizing 16-13 loss at Virginia on Saturday: ▪ As was the case ...

So, who’s the quarterback now? The No. 16 Miami Hurricanes came to Charlottesville on Saturday with ...

More than 600 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...

The Canes have won five straight games and are 2-0 in the ACC, but they know they have a tough road ...