Sports Briefs

FOOTBALL
Miami will hold an intrasquad scrimmage at 7 p.m. at Lockhart Stadium in Fort Lauderdale. The scrimmage will be open to the public. Gates will open at 6 p.m. and players will take part in an autograph session from 6-6:45 p.m.
men’s Basketball
The 12th-seeded Hurricanes (18-12, 4-12) will play the fifth-seeded Wake Forest Demon Deacons (19-9, 9-7) at 2 p.m.  Thursday in the opening round of the Atlantic Coast  Conference  Tournament in Greensboro, N.C.
Senior forward Dwayne Collins will not play due to a leg injury.

Rowing
The University of Miami women’s rowing varsity eight split two race pieces with the University of Connecticut on Wednesday morning in Miami Beach.
The Canes captured the first race with a winning time of 4:50.1, followed by the UConn varsity eight in 4:57.4.
forty under 40
University of Miami Athletic Director Kirby Hocutt was selected to receive one of this year’s Street & Smith’s SportsBusiness Journal “Forty Under 40” award.

Baseball

4The 13th-ranked Hurricanes (8-3) beat the University of Central Florida Knights by a score of 19-2 on Tuesday night in Orlando.
4 Freshman shortstop Stephen Perez led the team with four hits and six RBI.

News from hurricanesports.com

Calvin Cestari may be contacted at cmcestari@themiamihurricane.com

Calvin Cestari

Contributing Sports Writer

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

As bleak as it seems now for the University of Miami, the Canes can still take a repeat trip to Char ...

A half dozen takeaways from UM’s demoralizing 16-13 loss at Virginia on Saturday: ▪ As was the case ...

So, who’s the quarterback now? The No. 16 Miami Hurricanes came to Charlottesville on Saturday with ...

More than 600 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...

The Canes have won five straight games and are 2-0 in the ACC, but they know they have a tough road ...