News briefs

Give Back Week

The Butler Center for Service and Leadership will host two informational sessions on Wed., March 24 at 12 p.m. and 5 p.m. at UC 233 for organizations interested in helping out during their first-annual “Give Back Week UM.” The purpose of the week will be to build a network of grassroots volunteers and “give back” to the community.

Organizations can RSVP by March 22 to campusrelations@givebackweekum.com

Com School Begins WeMedia Conference

The School of Communication (SoC) began its third annual WeMedia Conference on Tuesday. The event, which brings together prominent figures in the media such as Associated Press CEO Tom Curley and Juliette Powell, author of “30 Million People in the Room”, will continue until Friday.

Yearbook’s biggest photo shoot

On Thursday at 2 p.m. the Ibis Yearbook will be hosting UM’s largest photo shoot for the inside cover of the book, which will be released next fall. To be included in the photo, students need simply be at The Rock at that time. Free food will be provided by Stir Pizza.

Compiled by Ramon Galiana who may be contacted at rgaliana@themiamihurricane.com.

Ramon Galiana

News Editor

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Mark Richt is sticking with the veteran. The Miami Hurricanes coach announced during the weekly Atla ...

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

A grant from the German government will support a series of roundtable and networking sessions on U. ...

As BioNIUM’s new director, the chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plans t ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

For the second straight year, all of the Miami women's basketball teams will be televised and f ...

The University of Miami soccer team heads to the Tar Heel state for a pair of road matches beginning ...

Get to Know U is a series that introduces the newest members of the Miami Hurricanes track and field ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...