The bucket list for every UM senior

For most, graduation only happens once. You walk across the stage, shake the president’s hand and receive your diploma in the mail one single time in your life.

To help savor one’s final year as a senior at the university, the Alumni Ambassadors, who are undergraduate liaisons to UM’s Alumni Association, recently released a bucket list of 25 items to complete before graduation this semester.

The list, which will be made accessible via Facebook, features items that the ambassadors consider quintessential components of the UM experience.

“We wanted to work on some things to celebrate senior year since its such an important milestone,” said Kate Lake, adviser to the UM ambassadors. “We thought it would be a neat way to bridge some of those experiences so seniors are getting the most out of their experience before they graduate.”

When a student completes an item on the list, they will have the opportunity to upload photos onto the Facebook group for other students to view.

“It’s a really fun way for people to just get together before people head their separate ways,” said sophomore Adam Locust, vice president of recruitment.

For Immediate Past President Rishika De, the best items are those that involve the Cosford Cinema, Belly Bust and the UC green.

“One of the things the UM Ambassadors are constantly striving for is to increase pride amongst current students,” she said in an e-mail to The Miami Hurricane.

According to De, one of the toughest challenges for seniors is the realization that they are running out of time as an undergraduate.

“[Seniors should] take advantage of the remainder of their time here at the university and in the city,” she said. “Try to get through as many items as they can.”

To do before graduation

-Watch a movie at Cosford Cinema

-Listen to Patio Jams on the UC Patio

-Stop by Senior Day at the Rock

-Take a class at the Wellness Center

-Stop by for senior credit check

-Apply to graduate

-Visit the Lowe Art Museum

-Attend Screen on the Green

-Visit the Clifford Arboretum

-Watch Belly Bust at the Rat

-Watch a play at the Ring Theatre

-Attend the Clinton Global Initiative

-Attend Relay for Life

-Make a senior class gift

-Register for an alumni card

-Register to retain your university e-mail alias

-Donate blood at an university event

-Attend the class ring ceremony

Ramon Galiana may be contacted at rgaliana@themiamihurricane.com.

Ramon Galiana

News Editor

They both returned to earn their degrees and finish their college football careers with their brothe ...

Court adjourned at United States v. James Gatto on Monday, but not before one last piece of good new ...

Add former five-star running back recruit Lorenzo Lingard to the growing list of injured Miami Hurri ...

Here’s our story on the big news of the day: Mark Richt admonishing N’Kosi Perry for posting a video ...

University of Miami redshirt freshman quarterback N’Kosi Perry has been reprimanded for posting a vi ...

Fresh off fall break, News@TheU catches up with students to learn what foods make them feel at home. ...

UM’s annual Food Day celebration will highlight the need to eat sustainable, locally sourced foods ...

A new study by University of Miami psychology researchers of anonymous interactions suggests that hu ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

The Hurricanes head to Chestnut Hill, Mass., for a for a nationally-televised game against a rough a ...

A trio of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes will continue to make a run at the ...

The Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame announced the 14 semifinalists for the 2018 Paycom Jim Thorpe Award ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team kept its Sunday win streak alive by defeating Georgia Tech, 3-1 ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team continues to have success in the Main Draw, as a pair ...