A Day With the Pickup Artists

The company Love Systems, formerly Mystery Method Corp., held a “Day Game Workshop” on Feb. 27 at the South Seas Hotel for frustrated men who wanted to learn to pick up ladies.

I attended this program which included four hours of lecturing and four hours of in-field training where students casually chased after gorgeous women up and down Lincoln Road.The staff was not with us when initiating conversation, which forced individuals to gain confidence.The instructors observed us from an inconspicuous distance and then critiqued us.Their reviews were spot on from evaluating the body language of students and the hot targets’ reactions.

The main instructor Jeremy Soul has the swagger and voice of Jude Law in addition to the looks and light-heartedness of a more scholarly Kal Penn. He opened his lecture by saying “I do what I believe in” and as a source of encouragement, reminded us that “failure weighs ounces but regret weighs tons.”

I had my initial doubts about the program, but it quickly became clear was that Soul really cared about the subject and offered sincere insight about his experience with women. He also owned up to his prior failures by admitting early on that he used to be a close-mouthed introvert and never caught the attention of women when he was a teenager.

However, for the past five years up until now at age twenty-six, he has made up for lost time by striking up methodical cold call conversations and getting laid more often than most.There’s an algorithm to attracting women that is explained and applied and while I can’t explicitly reveal any tricks due to contractual stipulations and to protect my own game, the plan is ingenious and works more often than one would guess.

The root of one’s success with the opposite sex and life generally boils down to having confidence, being genuine, and creating an adaptable strategy.

Is the program worth the asking price of $1,500? While it is a steep barrier to entry for the strapped college student, those who attended had more disposable incomes and recognized an area in their lives where they wanted to improve. Nearly everyone, including myself surprisingly, was content with the lecture and the feedback received from the instructors and as a result, the information gained is invaluable.

Evan Seaman is a junior majoring in marketing. He may be contacted at eseaman@themiamihurricane.com. His blog is posted on perturbedheaven.blogspot.com.

Evan Seaman

Contributing Columnist

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Mark Richt is sticking with the veteran. The Miami Hurricanes coach announced during the weekly Atla ...

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

A grant from the German government will support a series of roundtable and networking sessions on U. ...

As BioNIUM’s new director, the chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plans t ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

For the second straight year, all of the Miami women's basketball teams will be televised and f ...

The University of Miami soccer team heads to the Tar Heel state for a pair of road matches beginning ...

Get to Know U is a series that introduces the newest members of the Miami Hurricanes track and field ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...