News briefs

ENN to be tested

On Wednesday, the university will be conducting a test activation of the Emergency Notification Network (ENN) between 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Outdoor sirens will be utilized as part of the drill. The test will mark the first use of the system since last semester, when a series of incidents involving armed suspects on the Coral Gables campus rattled the UM community. The Miller School of Medicine and the Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science campuses will not be affected by this test. The UM Police Department urges students to check their personal contact information on myUM to ensure all test messages are received.

Shalala speaks on peace corps

President Shalala will address the university community Tuesday at Storer Auditorium about her experiences as a Peace Corps volunteer. This month, UM was placed 15th in the annual national rankings of top Peace Corps volunteer-producing schools.

Ramon Galiana

News Editor

In their first Climate Café, Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science faculty members and

Student and faculty mentors and their foster-care teen mentees both reap rich rewards through intera

’Canes Central provides undergraduate and graduate students with easy, efficient support for registr

Neil Hammerschlag provides a preview of what to expect during this year’s shark programming set to b

University of Miami architects and engineers, spurred by lessons learned from the pandemic, re-creat