Sports Briefs Feb 21

Swimming & Diving:

The Hurricanes Swimming and Diving team finished 10th in this year’s ACC Championships garnering a total of 94.5 points.  The Cavaliers of Virginia took first in the Championships for their third consecutive title.

Tennis:

The 31st ranked Men’s team defeated Stetson this weekend and will look forward to hosting UCF this afternoon (Sunday).  The Women’s team was awarded a ranking for the first time this season.

Baseball:

The ‘Canes swept the Scarlet Knights of Rutgers this weekend led by terrific offense highlighted by Zeke DeVoss’ walk-off 3-run home run in Sunday’s finale.  The Golden Spikes Award Watch List was released earlier this week and it includes Hurricane juniors Yasmani Grandal and Chris Hernandez.

Basketball:

The Hurricanes fell to the 19th-ranked Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets which brings their losing streak to four games.  The women will travel to Tallahassee to take on Florida State on Thursday.

Calvin Cestari

Contributing Sports Writer

Eleven football seasons ago, after the Miami Hurricanes and FIU Panthers met at the Orange Bowl for ...

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

NASPA names UM as a Lead Advisory Institution for the seventh year in a row. ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball program won its third straight match in 3-0 fashion on Friday night ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team registered two straight-set wins Friday ...

It's been over a decade since they last met, but Miami and FIU are set to renew their crosstown ...

The University of Miami cross country team gears up to compete in its third meet of the season this ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a five-year contract extensio ...