Club/Intramural Sports

Ibis Open Results

Courtesy Lorena Martin

The annual University of Miami club tennis tournament was held at the purple Sony Ericsson courts in Key Biscayne on February 13th and 14th.

On the women’s side, Lorena Martin reached the finals for UM. She battled through tough competition to reach the championship match but utlimately lost in the finals to a USF player 4-6, 4-6. Martin is still currently No. 3 in the state of Florida.

“It was an honor for me to take UM to the finals of the tournament that we host,” Martin said. “It hadn’t been done in years.”

The tournament was a huge success and the club tennis team looks to add to its already strong core and will be ready to compete next year.

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com.

Lorena Martin is currently #3 in the state of Florida, and #100 in the United States in professional women's tennis. Courtesy Lorena Martin

Justin Antweil

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Mark Richt is sticking with the veteran. The Miami Hurricanes coach announced during the weekly Atla ...

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

A grant from the German government will support a series of roundtable and networking sessions on U. ...

As BioNIUM’s new director, the chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plans t ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

For the second straight year, all of the Miami women's basketball teams will be televised and f ...

The University of Miami soccer team heads to the Tar Heel state for a pair of road matches beginning ...

Get to Know U is a series that introduces the newest members of the Miami Hurricanes track and field ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...