V's Take

Dear V: That’s gonna hurt…

My girlfriend is getting her clit pierced. Is there a danger of injuring her (or myself) during sex? Will I have to do anything differently to please her? Please advise!

Sincerely,

Danger Down There

Dear Danger Down There,

What a brave woman! First you should clarify if she is actually getting the clit itself pierced or the clitoral hood. Lots of women don’t want to get their clitoris pierced directly, because it may cause her lack of orgasmic sensation, pain or even nerve damage. As another option, most women choose the safer piercing of their clitoral hood, the skin that covers the clitoris. There are two options to go for here: the horizontal clitoral hood piercing and the vertical clitoral hood piercing, which is the more popular. With this piercing, the jewelry rests directly on her clitoris and may enhance orgasmic feeling for your girlfriend.

While this will be exciting for both of you, you’ll probably have to wait at least a few weeks for action between the sheets to start up again. The piercing will need some time to heal and will most likely be very sensitive (i.e. too sensitive for sex). When all is good and healed, however, I’d prepare for quite a bit of action. Studies have shown that after getting a vertical clitoral hood piercing, women had higher sexual desire and more frequent intercourse than before, woo hoo for you!

Now that she’s got some bling down there, you’ll have to figure out together the best ways to pleasure each other. The piercing should only make it easier to please your girlfriend because of her new heightened sensitivity to any kind of touch. Different types of jewelry, (bars, hoops, balls, etc.) will give you both different sensations during sex, so get excited for some awesome new experiences in the bedroom.

Good luck conquering this new obstacle,

Have a question for V? Hit up DearV@themiamihurricane.com.

Advice Columnist

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Mark Richt is sticking with the veteran. The Miami Hurricanes coach announced during the weekly Atla ...

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

A grant from the German government will support a series of roundtable and networking sessions on U. ...

As BioNIUM’s new director, the chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plans t ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

For the second straight year, all of the Miami women's basketball teams will be televised and f ...

The University of Miami soccer team heads to the Tar Heel state for a pair of road matches beginning ...

Get to Know U is a series that introduces the newest members of the Miami Hurricanes track and field ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...