Blogophile: Miami Edition

One can never know too much about their city, especially when it is Miami. Populating an epicenter of local music, visual artists and fashion, Miamians often overlook the wealth of event information found in local blogs. Whether it’s music, nightlife or cultural events you always seem to miss, these blogs will keep you up to date with our vibrant city.

1. Daily Candy – Miami Edition

Web site: dailycandy.com/miami

Specific to major cities, the popular Daily Candy blog saves a seat for Miami, featuring “hand-picked” content ranging from cuisine to culture in the area. By using the “Find By Neighborhood” feature, visitors can keep track of upcoming cultural events and major brand name sales in Wynwood or South Beach, for example. But perhaps the best feature is the Weekend Guide, a quirky, weekly recommendation for unique events, such as a flapper performing at the World Erotic Art Museum.

2. nefariousgirl

Web site: nefariousgirl.com/blog.html

Nightlife’s the word when it comes to nefariousgirl photography by local photographer Jipsy. The alternative girl taking snaps at Poplife has maintained a multimedia photo journal that captures the underground music scene in Miami. Turn to her blog for upcoming music events at hipster venues, but beware the unforgiving lens! As the blog greeting suggests, “Some images have been edited to protect the guilty.”

3. Off The Radar

Web site: offtheradarmusic.com

Attention tyrannical music snobs! If you stare yearningly into the WVUM station (like I do), tune into Off The Radar, a comprehensive local and underground music blog that publishes artist info about new bands and upcoming albums. You can even follow them on Twitter to receive live updates about locations like Vagabond and their guest DJs.

4. The 305

Web site: the305.com

For hip-hop lovers or curious readers alike, The 305 blog focuses on celebrities in Miami, such as the Super Bowl event at Club PLAY with Drake, Lil Wayne and Nicki Minaj and upcoming VIP parties you can attend. As if knowing who’s in town wasn’t enough, the blog also features a “Honey of the Day” and updates on new sneaker releases in Miami.