“All the single ladies”

The Occasional Bitch
…because occasionally the bitch has something to say.Culture. Opinion. Fashion. Travel.

Opinion:

Forget about gorging yourself on chocolate truffles and chalky candy hearts this Valentine’s Day. If you’re single, have an amazing night out with your girlfriends and own your solo status.

Delicious treats presented by Cupcakes Nouveau // Danielle Kaslow

Kicking off V-Day weekend with flair, I visited the Nikki Beach “What Women Want –Beauty’s Night Out” event last night, Saturday Feb. 13, with five of my best friends. And we had a hell of a time.

Our table was prime real estate for people watching; between bites of chicken katsu sushi and buttery beef tenderloin we joked about the hot guys and crazy stylistas also in attendance.

After dinner, it was time for the fashion show to begin. To set the sexy tone of the show, a shirtless man breathed fire and twirled a blazing baton. Then the pounding music started and the models stomped down the runway in Cosabella’s finest.

The evening continued with beautifully decorated cupcakes and swag bags filled with gift cards for free facials, makeup samples and a few “interesting” items from Tulip Toy Gallery (that one was a shocker to open on the ride home). To say the least, we picked a jackpot of a night to celebrate Valentine’s Day and a fun girls night out.

A shot from the Cosabella fashion show // Danielle Kaslow

Don’t mope and moan this Valentine’s Day, or any day, just because you’re single. Make your own fun…it’s always sexy to be the life of the party, and you never know, a hot single guy just might be the bartender mixing your cocktail.

Happy Valentine’s Day bitches!

<< Back to The Occasional Bitch archives

Danielle Kaslow

Senior EDGE Writer

Three of four University of Miami scholarship quarterbacks were suspended at various times this seas ...

While the University of Miami offense has struggled mightily this season, its defense has been stell ...

The Pittsburgh Panthers boast one of the best rushing offenses in the country. On Saturday, the Miam ...

After watching several juniors turn pro and then go late in the draft or not at all in recent years, ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday: ▪ If you ever wondered what the Hurricanes would look like if ...

Erin Kobetz, director of Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center’s Firefighter Cancer Initiative, disc ...

Kristiana Yao, who graduated summa cum laude in May, said she was “still in shock” after finding out ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

The Miami women's basketball team jumped two spots to No. 22 nationally in the first in-season ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team dropped a 75-52 decision Sunday at Iowa State in the P ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team forced No. 10 Pitt to five sets in a thrilling match on Seni ...