“All the single ladies”

The Occasional Bitch
…because occasionally the bitch has something to say.Culture. Opinion. Fashion. Travel.

Opinion:

Forget about gorging yourself on chocolate truffles and chalky candy hearts this Valentine’s Day. If you’re single, have an amazing night out with your girlfriends and own your solo status.

Delicious treats presented by Cupcakes Nouveau // Danielle Kaslow

Kicking off V-Day weekend with flair, I visited the Nikki Beach “What Women Want –Beauty’s Night Out” event last night, Saturday Feb. 13, with five of my best friends. And we had a hell of a time.

Our table was prime real estate for people watching; between bites of chicken katsu sushi and buttery beef tenderloin we joked about the hot guys and crazy stylistas also in attendance.

After dinner, it was time for the fashion show to begin. To set the sexy tone of the show, a shirtless man breathed fire and twirled a blazing baton. Then the pounding music started and the models stomped down the runway in Cosabella’s finest.

The evening continued with beautifully decorated cupcakes and swag bags filled with gift cards for free facials, makeup samples and a few “interesting” items from Tulip Toy Gallery (that one was a shocker to open on the ride home). To say the least, we picked a jackpot of a night to celebrate Valentine’s Day and a fun girls night out.

A shot from the Cosabella fashion show // Danielle Kaslow

Don’t mope and moan this Valentine’s Day, or any day, just because you’re single. Make your own fun…it’s always sexy to be the life of the party, and you never know, a hot single guy just might be the bartender mixing your cocktail.

Happy Valentine’s Day bitches!

<< Back to The Occasional Bitch archives

Danielle Kaslow

Senior EDGE Writer

At their best, they are UM’s most dynamic players on each side of the ball. But the Ahmmon Richards ...

A day after practicing in the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility for the first time in s ...

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team picked up a victory ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...