Single with panache on Valentine’s Day

Flickr.com

The day of all things couples is fast approaching. If you are without a date, however, you don’t have to mope around in your dorm; there are tons of fun things to do while single on Valentine’s Day.

First, head over to Sunset Place to watch the new film “Valentine’s Day.” Opening this Friday, the star-filled movie follows characters trying to find romance in Los Angeles on Valentine’s Day. Laugh your single blues away while watching these stars stumble into love.

If you want to go out on Saturday, Miami has plenty of options for a fun Valentine’s weekend. For all the fashionistas, VIGI Boutique is hosting a “Sex and the City”-themed party. The bash “Love Yourself- A Valentine’s Celebration of You” will be held from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.

Shop the latest fashions by Nicole Miller and Joe’s Jeans while sipping on cocktails. A licensed esthetician will be on site giving skin consultations and samples.

Also, in honor of Valentine’s Day, all pink and red items will be 14 percent off, and shoppers will receive a complimentary red lip gloss with purchase.

When the actual day rolls around, don’t spend Sunday in Club Richter. Instead, round up other single friends and have an indulgent meal out. The Ritz-Carlton on Key Biscayne is having a lavish chocolate buffet. For only $22 per person you can eat your weight in chocolate while overlooking the ocean.

If you would rather go out to dinner, Prime One Twelve is great for a deliciously expensive steak. Order exactly what you want and don’t forget dessert; the chocolate chip cookies are the best.

A single Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to bring gloom and doom. Forget about your lack of a significant other and just have a fun weekend out with friends.

Nancy Oben may be contacted at noben@themiamihurricane.com.

###############

IF YOU GO:

AMC Sunset Place 24, 5701 Sunset Drive, South Miami, tickets $10

VIGI Boutique, 7230 SW 57 Avenue, South Miami, event runs from 1-6 p.m.

Ritz-Carlton, 455 Grand Bay Drive, Key Biscayne, chocolate buffet 7-10 p.m.

Prime 112, 112 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, entrees from $30

Nancy Oben

Contributing Writer

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

NASPA names UM as a Lead Advisory Institution for the seventh year in a row. ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

The 1983 national champions will be back on campus to celebrate the 35thanniversary of Miami's ...

Junior Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team opened the 2018 fall campaign fo ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will return to the courts Friday morning, opening up ...

The University of Miami soccer team fell to 12th-ranked Duke, 2-0, Thursday night in front a packed ...

The University of Miami volleyball program begins ACC play on Friday night against Wake Forest at 7 ...