Single with panache on Valentine’s Day

Flickr.com

The day of all things couples is fast approaching. If you are without a date, however, you don’t have to mope around in your dorm; there are tons of fun things to do while single on Valentine’s Day.

First, head over to Sunset Place to watch the new film “Valentine’s Day.” Opening this Friday, the star-filled movie follows characters trying to find romance in Los Angeles on Valentine’s Day. Laugh your single blues away while watching these stars stumble into love.

If you want to go out on Saturday, Miami has plenty of options for a fun Valentine’s weekend. For all the fashionistas, VIGI Boutique is hosting a “Sex and the City”-themed party. The bash “Love Yourself- A Valentine’s Celebration of You” will be held from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.

Shop the latest fashions by Nicole Miller and Joe’s Jeans while sipping on cocktails. A licensed esthetician will be on site giving skin consultations and samples.

Also, in honor of Valentine’s Day, all pink and red items will be 14 percent off, and shoppers will receive a complimentary red lip gloss with purchase.

When the actual day rolls around, don’t spend Sunday in Club Richter. Instead, round up other single friends and have an indulgent meal out. The Ritz-Carlton on Key Biscayne is having a lavish chocolate buffet. For only $22 per person you can eat your weight in chocolate while overlooking the ocean.

If you would rather go out to dinner, Prime One Twelve is great for a deliciously expensive steak. Order exactly what you want and don’t forget dessert; the chocolate chip cookies are the best.

A single Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to bring gloom and doom. Forget about your lack of a significant other and just have a fun weekend out with friends.

Nancy Oben may be contacted at noben@themiamihurricane.com.

###############

IF YOU GO:

AMC Sunset Place 24, 5701 Sunset Drive, South Miami, tickets $10

VIGI Boutique, 7230 SW 57 Avenue, South Miami, event runs from 1-6 p.m.

Ritz-Carlton, 455 Grand Bay Drive, Key Biscayne, chocolate buffet 7-10 p.m.

Prime 112, 112 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, entrees from $30

Nancy Oben

Contributing Writer

Before Daniel Carter decided to sign with the Pittsburgh Panthers out of St. Thomas Aquinas, the fou ...

Lots of nuggets on new UM quarterback Tate Martell, the fallout and Jarren Williams’ reaction: ▪ Whe ...

Katie Meier is a legend at Duke. Her photo hangs in the concourse at Cameron Indoor Arena. She was t ...

New University of Miami head coach Manny Diaz was asked on the radio the morning after he was hired, ...

Jalen Hurts is off the market — and he’s not making his way to South Florida. The former Alabama Cri ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

Miami released its 2019 football schedule highlighted by a season-opening matchup against Florida in ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Thursday that ESPN reporter and UM alumna Allison Williams w ...

University of Miami head women's volleyball coach Jose "Keno" Gandara announced Monda ...

After a weekend bye, the Miami women's basketball team resumes action Thursday evening at 7 p.m ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...