Sports Briefs

Football:

Wednesday was national signing day and the Hurricanes brought a respectable and promising class in.  The Hurricanes upped their tally of commits to 22 today including 16 from Florida.  For up to the minute information regarding the recruits and the team visit www.hurricanesports.com.  In other news, the Hurricanes have acquired Kentucky’s Defensive Line Coach, Rick Petri to his second stint in Miami.  Coach Shannon said of Petri, “He brings a wealth of experience and has been very successful in developing some of the top defensive line talent in the country for years.”

Men’s Basketball:

The Hurricanes fell to the Demon Decons 62-53 on Tuesday night in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.  They will travel to Tallahassee to take on the Seminoles this Saturday night at 8:00.

Men’s Tennis:

The 20th ranked Canes swept Northwestern this past Monday and they will look to continue their success against Rice University this Sunday.

Information from hurricanesports.com

Calvin Cestari can be reached at cmcestari@themiamihurricane.com

Calvin Cestari

Contributing Sports Writer

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ secondary continues to get stronger. Miami, which already holds a pair of comm ...

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

A fabulous team of staff and volunteers labors long and hard, primed with school spirit, behind the ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...

Senior Dew Weber of the University of Miami golf team continued to march towards her professional go ...

The University of Miami soccer team dropped its ACC road match against NC State, 1-0, Thursday night ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Champion ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team returns to competition this weekend, ...