Climbing the charts

Last week the Financial Times ranked the full-time MBA program at the University of Miami School of Business Administration one of the best in the world.

The annual issue highlights MBA rankings of a number of colleges and universities. In addition, it ranked the school No. 35 in the U.S. and No. 40 in the world for research, based on the number of faculty members who have published research articles over the past three years.

“The Financial Times rankings are based on many factors including the faculty research publications in top journals, student job placement, alumni recommendations and the diversity of our faculty and student body,” said Anuj Mehrotra, vice dean of graduate business program. “These rankings help attract increasingly talented students and faculty which will in turn further enhance the reputation of the school and our MBA program.”

Last August, Forbes magazine ranked the MBA program at No. 43 in the U.S., while Hispanic Business ranked the program as No. 3 for minority students, and The Princeton Review held the program at No. 6 for minorities. The program ranks internationally at 83.

“Excellence in research, along with innovative cross-disciplinary academic programs and engagement with the business community is among the factors driving the school toward a new level of global preeminence,” said Barbara Kahn, dean of the business school, according to UM media relations.

The higher ranking in as a global research program is appropriate, due to the international diversity of the schools’ students. The most recent class of 87 students represents 16 countries, mainly from the Americas.

“Next year, we intend to create international study trips, solidify the existing corporate relationships and develop new ones to create the very best career placement and internship opportunities for our students,” said Mehrotra. “The intention is to keep doing the right things and hopefully the rankings will reflect that.”

Ramon Galiana may be contacted at rgaliana@themiamihurricane.com.

Ramon Galiana

News Editor

If redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is starting Thursday night for the No. 16 Miami Hurricanes against ...

It sure sounds like redshirt freshman N’Kosi Perry is going to get his first career start at 8 Thurs ...

If he hasn’t made it already, Miami Hurricanes coach Mark Richt has a defining decision to ponder in ...

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

Theatre arts students open the Ring Theatre’s 2018-19 season with a tribute to the creative genius w ...

UM representatives earned Novice and Junior Varsity categories at the National Opener, one of the mo ...

The Office of Civic and Community Engagement receives a $300,000 investment from JPMorgan Chase to t ...

Conference play is just a few days away and the Miami Hurricanes are focused on their ACC opener on ...

The Miami Hurricanes were one of the biggest risers in both major polls released Sunday, jumping to ...

Miami junior Estela Perez-Somarriba's 6-4, 6-3 victory over Evgeniya Levashova will be re-broad ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team earned one of the most prestigious coll ...

The University of Miami volleyball program defeated Duke, 3-1, winning its fourth straight match and ...