Climbing the charts

Last week the Financial Times ranked the full-time MBA program at the University of Miami School of Business Administration one of the best in the world.

The annual issue highlights MBA rankings of a number of colleges and universities. In addition, it ranked the school No. 35 in the U.S. and No. 40 in the world for research, based on the number of faculty members who have published research articles over the past three years.

“The Financial Times rankings are based on many factors including the faculty research publications in top journals, student job placement, alumni recommendations and the diversity of our faculty and student body,” said Anuj Mehrotra, vice dean of graduate business program. “These rankings help attract increasingly talented students and faculty which will in turn further enhance the reputation of the school and our MBA program.”

Last August, Forbes magazine ranked the MBA program at No. 43 in the U.S., while Hispanic Business ranked the program as No. 3 for minority students, and The Princeton Review held the program at No. 6 for minorities. The program ranks internationally at 83.

“Excellence in research, along with innovative cross-disciplinary academic programs and engagement with the business community is among the factors driving the school toward a new level of global preeminence,” said Barbara Kahn, dean of the business school, according to UM media relations.

The higher ranking in as a global research program is appropriate, due to the international diversity of the schools’ students. The most recent class of 87 students represents 16 countries, mainly from the Americas.

“Next year, we intend to create international study trips, solidify the existing corporate relationships and develop new ones to create the very best career placement and internship opportunities for our students,” said Mehrotra. “The intention is to keep doing the right things and hopefully the rankings will reflect that.”

Ramon Galiana may be contacted at rgaliana@themiamihurricane.com.

Ramon Galiana

News Editor

Even after snagging Ohio State transfer Tate Martell, UM has remained highly aggressive in its pursu ...

As the NFL’s conference finals were unfolding Sunday, Manny Diaz – the UM coach who doubles as a soc ...

The University of Miami womens’ basketball team made sure North Carolina fans didn’t get to celebrat ...

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The Miami women's basketball team will play its highest-ranked opponent of the season thus far ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Monday that it will host its fifth annual Celebration of Wom ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball team was named the ACC Player of the Week, ...

Bennie Blades will serve as host of the UMSHoF's Eighth Annual Celebrity Bowling Tournament, on ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated North Carolina for the fourth consecutive year with ...