V's Take

Dear V: I’m looking for a way to please my man…

I have been dating this guy for a couple of weeks and we really like each other.  I have been thinking a lot about our first Valentine’s Day together, and am totally panicked!  It’s easy for guys- flowers and candy- but what should a girl do for the guy on Valentine’s?  Most people say all guys care about is sex, but I want to give him a romantic gesture without being cheesy. Help!

Sincerely,

Romantic Panic

Dear Romantic,

Ah Valentine’s Day, that lovely time each year when singles sulk and couples stress over the perfect gift.  While most guys do tend to be obsessed with action between the sheets, this doesn’t mean you have to ditch your romantic ideas and go plan a threesome.  Boys can appreciate romantic gestures as well, but your best bet would be to combine the two: he gets his fantasy and you get yours.

For example, if you want to take him out for a classy dinner, make reservations at a romantic cafe or restaurant but buy a new slinky get-up that will have him drooling over you all night.  Best part is, you both get a sexy date for the evening but you also get to keep the dress for yourself, score!  If you don’t want to spend the money on a dinner out, cook!  Guys love homemade meals, so figure out his favorite foods and then invite him to make chocolate covered strawberries with you afterward.  Pick a romantic movie with a steamy sex scene and you’ve got the perfect combo of sweet and sensual.  If you want to really treat him, lingerie never fails (and you can pair it with a romantic card or gift to still keep that Valentine’s Day feeling.)

As long as you give your guy attention and make it fun, I’m sure you’ll both enjoy your first V-Day together.

Best of luck,
V.

Advice Columnist

A six-pack of UM notes on a Monday: ▪ There has been no more popular or successful quarterback at UM ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ defense leads the nation in tackles for loss and stopping opponents on third d ...

The No. 21 University of Miami and FIU have met twice in football. But, oh, what a history they have ...

When University of Miami star safety Jaquan Johnson, thought by many to be the best player on the te ...

University of Miami backup tailback DeeJay Dallas, who had his first career 100-yard rushing game Sa ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Listeners to UM President Julio Frenk’s State of the U reacted positively to the message and the Uni ...

At UM’s inaugural State of the U address, President Julio Frenk detailed the strategies of the Roadm ...

Tropical storm scientists and climate experts at the University of Miami provided insight, observati ...

Joseph Ganitsky, a professor in the Miami Business School, examines the financial crisis facing Arge ...

Miami remained ranked in both major polls Sunday, checking in at No. 21 in the Associated Press Top ...

The Miami Hurricanes came to Toledo, Ohio for the biggest home game in the history of Toledo footbal ...

A quartet of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes concluded the final day of compe ...

The University of Miami women's golf team concluded Sunday with a sixth-place finish at the 35t ...

The University of Miami golf team is in sixth after the first two rounds of play at the 35th annual ...