Sports Briefs Jan 21

Men’s Basketball

The Men’s basketball team lost their third straight ACC game this week bringing them to 1-3 in conference play.  They will travel to College Park, Maryland to take on the Terrapins on Tuesday the 26th.

Women’s Basketball

Coming off of two straight ACC losses, the Women’s basketball team will travel to play the Terrapins of Maryland Thursday night at 7:00.

Men’s Tennis

The #21 ranked Hurricanes Men’s Tennis team will host two matches this weekend, Florida Atlantic on Thursday and Stetson on Saturday.  Both matches will begin at 6:00 PM and will be at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center.

Women’s Tennis

Anna Bartenstein won the singles title at the Michigan Tennis Invitational this past weekend.  The team will be hosting Florida Atlantic on Saturday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center

Swimming

The Swimming Team will wrap up their season in Boca Raton on Friday when they will face the Owls of Florida Atlantic at 5:00 PM.

Track & Field

The ‘Canes will travel to Champaign, Illinois to participate in the University of Illinois Carle/Health Alliance Classic this weekend, marking their second meet of the season.

Women’s Soccer

In this year’s Women’s Professional Soccer draft the Washington Freedom selected Beverly Goebel with the seventh pick in the third round (27th  overall). The midfielder started all but 2 of her games in her three years wearing number six for the Hurricanes.

Women’s Volleyball

Former Hurricane hitter Ashley Woods has signed a contract to play professional volleyball with Club Voleibol in Benidorm, Spain.  After playing for the ‘Canes for four years and serving as a captain, the native Texan graduated last spring with a Master’s degree.

Calvin Cestari can be contacted at cmcestari@themiamihurricane.com

Calvin Cestari

Contributing Sports Writer

The University of Miami has joined forces with a national collaborative to help raise awareness and ...

Political scientist Calla Hummel, who was in Bolivia during its flawed election, shares her insights ...

University of Miami Frost School of Music alumni are recognized on Latin music’s biggest night—the 2 ...

A new course is providing students a primer on planning the Super Bowl, one of the biggest events of ...

A week full of spirit, friendly competition and ’Canes pride was on display during Homecoming and Al ...

Jim Larrañaga oftentimes told Bruce Brown that his path to a successful NBA career was at the point ...

Following a win in its first road game of the season, the Miami men's basketball team will resu ...

CORAL GABLES, Fla. - University of Miami head women's basketball coach Katie Meier announced th ...

Emma Langlois and five members of the men's cross country team return to Tallahassee for the NC ...