Volleyball

Former UM volleyball player goes pro

Former University of Miami volleyball player Ashely Woods has signed a professional contract with Club Voleibol in Benidorm, Spain. She was a right side hitter from 2005-2008 and is ranked in the top 10 all-time in seven major statistical categories.

“I am excited to continue playing after being  out for a year,” Woods said in a statement. “I’ve realized that there is so much more player left in me and I’m so thankful for the chance to continue  doing  what I love.”

Woods was a sports administration major and heavily involved in the community.

Information compiled from Hurricanesports.com.

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com.

Justin Antweil

In its fifth year, the conference—hosted by the School of Education and Human Development’s Sport Ad ...

Through the end of this year, they will join a group of statewide leaders from a variety of perspect ...

A unique exchange program brought 10 high school students from Botswana to South Florida and the Uni ...

The Patti and Allan Herbert Wellness Center offers a great place to exercise; but if you can’t make ...

The Miami Climate Symposium 2020: Predicting and Living with Extremes, a three-day event hosted by t ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.