Volleyball

Former UM volleyball player goes pro

Former University of Miami volleyball player Ashely Woods has signed a professional contract with Club Voleibol in Benidorm, Spain. She was a right side hitter from 2005-2008 and is ranked in the top 10 all-time in seven major statistical categories.

“I am excited to continue playing after being  out for a year,” Woods said in a statement. “I’ve realized that there is so much more player left in me and I’m so thankful for the chance to continue  doing  what I love.”

Woods was a sports administration major and heavily involved in the community.

Information compiled from Hurricanesports.com.

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com.

Justin Antweil

By showing how the controversial crime-fighting strategy is unevenly employed in marginalized neighb ...

Hosmay Lopez, of the NOAA Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies at the University ...

UM alumna Shirley Hoffman Kilkelly was one of the few women engineers who worked on the Apollo 11 mo ...

College of Engineering alumnus Frank DeMattia was just 21 years old when he went to work at NASA on ...

Registered dietitian Stephanie Sanchez shares realistic, healthy ways to get you on track and headed ...

Junior defensive back Trajan Bandy was among those players named to the 2019 Jim Thorpe Award Presea ...

Seniors Michael Pinckney and Shaquille Quarterman were among those players named to the watch list f ...

Sophomore tight end Brevin Jordan was among the 60 players named to the 2019 John Mackey Award Prese ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team added yet another elite accolade to her ...

Redshirt senior wide receiver K.J. Osborn was among six ACC players named to The Biletnikoff Award W ...