At 90.5, WVUM Is Back: All of the Hits, All of the Time

Courtesy of WVUM

Courtesy of WVUM

WVUM, also known as FM 90, is the university’s non-commercial radio station operated by UM students. Located on the FM dial at 90.5, WVUM’s format is designed to appeal to the diverse range of listening tastes at the university. The station, which at present has a broadcasting range of 10 watts, is within easy reach of all on-campus and fraternity row residents, and can also be heard by the surrounding community.

Operating throughout the school year, WVUM’s executive board has set up a programming schedule that is certain to have something for everyone. The wide variety of music is delivered by WVUM disc jockeys who try hard to make their programming both interesting and pleasing. The music shows are highlighted hourly with news, weather and sports. In addition to progressive and popular and album-oriented rock, jazz and oldies shows have been arranged.

To assist students in listening to their favorite music, a WVUM weekly program guide will be printed in the Hurricane. Besides the music format, a listing of the names of the Albums of the Week, special mini-concerts, contest and other special events will be included. Of course, everyone is encouraged to take advantage of the Request Line, 284-5786.

FM 90 is not only music, though. As always, WVUM becomes the Voice of Cani Gras and broadcasts live from the site of the festivities. WVUM will also be rooting for our top-ranked UM baseball team, as inning by inning action is covered live. Also, WVUM hopes that students don’t make any plans for the day until they hear the daily astrology feature.

General manager Milton Fisher and station manager Judie Tumaroff encourage students to contact the station with suggestions or comments.

In 1979 The Miami Hurricane did not publish writers’ names.

At 90.5, WVUM is back All of the Hits, All of the Time Jan. 19, 1979, page 7