Hello out there

animationAs this is my first blog post ever, I’d like to say hello to whoever you are that is reading. You might not understand the purpose of this blog, or even its title, but I will try to explain it as briefly as I can:

According to Wikipedia, Bokeh is the blur or the æsthetic quality of the blur in out-of-focus areas of an image, or “the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light.” That being said, I am a photographer. I love taking photos and looking at the work of talented individuals. I pride myself in being able to enter a situation, camera in hand, and capture an event, an emotion, a mood. At the end of the day, however, I pride myself in wanting to know more about almost everything and anything. I believe that the will to learn and being open-minded is something that cannot be taken away from you but instead makes you stronger as a person.

From this blog, you can probably look forward to posts containing images I find significant for technical reasons or simply because they made me feel something when I saw them. You can also look forward to some random tidbits I may stumble upon along the way. I hope you can enjoy them for what they are in your own way.

While sifting through a batch of unread emails tonight, I came across a funny little one my mom sent me a couple weeks ago. Its title: How to erase boredom. As if the title was not enticing enough, I clicked the link and off the page went, redirecting me to a nifty little animated video I found quite amusing. I share the link with you below. Enjoy.

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs13/f/2007/077/2/e/Animator_vs__Animation_by_alanbecker.swf

‘Til next time,

-B

Brittney Bomnin

Art Director

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

As bleak as it seems now for the University of Miami, the Canes can still take a repeat trip to Char ...

A half dozen takeaways from UM’s demoralizing 16-13 loss at Virginia on Saturday: ▪ As was the case ...

So, who’s the quarterback now? The No. 16 Miami Hurricanes came to Charlottesville on Saturday with ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

A colorless, odorless gas used by a UM scientist to study ocean currents helps save his vision. ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...

The Canes have won five straight games and are 2-0 in the ACC, but they know they have a tough road ...