Milov improves, begins rehabilitiation

After several weeks of treatment at the intensive care unit of Jackson Memorial Hospital’s Ryder Trauma Center, junior Bianca Milov has begun rehabilitation. Milov, 20, was involved in a noncriminal traffic incident Sept. 11 when she was dragged 213 feet after being trapped under a Coral Gables street sweeper.

“Bianca Milov has been moved to Ryder Rehab and is making slow progress towards recovery after eight weeks in the Intensive care unit at Ryder Trauma Center,” said Patricia Whitely, vice president of student affairs. “The family is so grateful for the support, care and love of the University community as well as the outstanding medical care Bianca has received at the Ryder Trauma Center and the wonderful doctors at the Miller School of Medicine.”

According to the Coral Gables police crash investigation unit Sept. 21, Milov had been texting on her cell phone as she was walking to her apartment at 1:01 a.m. Because she was wearing dark clothing, the driver was unaware of the collision until a notification alarm indicated that the sweeper’s mechanism was malfunctioning.

Ramon Galiana may be contacted at rgaliana@

themiamihurricane.com.

Ramon Galiana

News Editor

Even after snagging Ohio State transfer Tate Martell, UM has remained highly aggressive in its pursu ...

As the NFL’s conference finals were unfolding Sunday, Manny Diaz – the UM coach who doubles as a soc ...

The University of Miami womens’ basketball team made sure North Carolina fans didn’t get to celebrat ...

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The Miami women's basketball team will play its highest-ranked opponent of the season thus far ...

Beatrice Mompremier of the Miami women's basketball team was named the ACC Player of the Week, ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated North Carolina for the fourth consecutive year with ...

Former University of Miami soccer standout Phallon Tullis-Joyce has officially signed a professional ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team improved to 3-0 on the season following a 6-1 triumph ...