V's Take

Dear V: I like it “harder, better, faster, stronger…”

I recently discovered I like it rough, and I’m not talking about your run of the mill dirty talk. I like it “harder, better, faster, stronger…” just like the Daft Punk song. I’ve been having a little trouble finding Mr. “Right-Here-Right-Now,” especially as a result of these aforementioned needs. I recently started hooking up with this boy, Mohammed, and as you can extrapolate from the name, he has a certain religious affiliation: hence the dilemma. I don’t want to scare him away by being too aggressive, yet a girl has her needs, really URGENT ones.

The thing is, I don’t believe he as a problem with sex, it’s just the kinky part I’m afraid of. Would you think this is too much?

I recently tried with my previous hookup some bondage. If the relationship wasn’t going to tie me down, he damn well was going to. I was skeptical at first, but it was by far the best sexual encounter I’ve ever had. What did it for me wasn’t so much the bondage; it was the conglomeration of imprisonment and asphyxiation. When he put his hands around my neck and squeezed, the ecstasy was absolutely euphoric: the world was my oyster, and I was going to suck that b**** down with a champagne chaser. It was as if I was completely surrendering my body and soul to him, and that kind of intimacy I’ve never felt before.

So what should I do? Should I be honest with my desires and tell him? Or should I just cut my losses and not sacrifice what could be a meaningful relationship?

Much help needed,

Kinky Kleopatra

Dear Kleopatra,

Damn. You clearly know what you want, and you can’t argue with that.

Obviously, this “state of euphoria” you’ve described is something important to you. Why deprive yourself?

I assure you that for every “Kinky Kleopatra” that walks the face of the earth; there exists a “Just-as-Kinky Karl.” But I can also assure you that these aren’t easy to come across. Not everyone is as upfront as you are about their carnal priorities, so you’ll have to do a little digging.

Once you get to know someone well enough, you will each be comfortable showing each other your inner freak. Be patient. There is no need to sit him down to have the “I am sexually deviant” talk (which is just as awkward as it sounds).

If Mohammed turns out not to be Mr. Perfect—I mean Pervert, you need to ask yourself if this “meaningful relationship” means more to you than the sheer ecstasy of a mind-blowing experience between the sheets—I mean handcuffs. Then, act accordingly. But I think you and I both know the answer to that.

Best of luck!

Advice Columnist

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

NASPA names UM as a Lead Advisory Institution for the seventh year in a row. ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

The 1983 national champions will be back on campus to celebrate the 35thanniversary of Miami's ...

Junior Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team opened the 2018 fall campaign fo ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will return to the courts Friday morning, opening up ...

The University of Miami soccer team fell to 12th-ranked Duke, 2-0, Thursday night in front a packed ...

The University of Miami volleyball program begins ACC play on Friday night against Wake Forest at 7 ...