Football

Miami vs. UNC Report Card

TheUhelmetCOLORQuarterbacks: F

An awful day for Jacory Harris as he threw a career high four interceptions. Receivers had to make numerous adjustments even on his completions. Put it this way, he threw more touchdowns to the other team than his own team.

Running Backs: B+

Damien Berry may be the best running back this team has. He is a bruising back who has scored at least one touchdown in each of the last six games. Graig Cooper is just as solid when healthy.

Wide Receivers/Tight Ends: B

There were a few drops, but overall very good route running adjustments by the receiving core. Jimmy Graham hauled in a tough touchdown grab in the fourth quarter to make it a one possession game. Leonard Hankerson led all receivers with seven catches for 92 yards.

Offensive Line: C

They forced Harris to scramble in the pocket and make ill-advised throws. They only allowed two sacks but after watching the game, it’s obvious that the statistics can be misleading.

Defensive Line: C +

They simply did not rise to the occasion in the fourth quarter. The Hurricanes defense needed a stop but did not get it.

Secondary: C

Jared Campbell continues to impress in the back field. DeMarcus Van Dyke struggled in the secondary.

Special Teams: A

Matt Bosher could be a first team All-American. He might be the best sheer tackler on this squad too. His 30 yard scramble on the fake punt was well executed and he had two punts inside the 20 yard line.

Coaching: F

Awful clock management at the end of the first half. It reminded fans of the disaster last December in the Emerald Bowl. Randy Shannon should have gone for two after the Jimmy Graham touchdown with 7:21 left in the game. Going for two would have made the score 30-25 so even if Carolina kicked a field goal it would still be a one possession game.

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com.

Justin Antweil

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

A new batch of evidence presented Monday at the college basketball trial in New York seems to furthe ...

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

U.S. Congresswoman and Chairman Emerita of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs Ileana Ros-Lehtine ...

Nearly 400 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service da ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...