Football

Canes Fall To Tar Heels 33-24

Courtesy Daily Tar Heel

Courtesy Daily Tar Heel

The Univeristy of Miami still has never won in Chapel Hill, N.C.

The Canes (7-3, 4-3) lost 33-24 Saturday afternoon to UNC (7-3, 3-3). Before the game the Canes did not receive the much needed help from Duke as the Blue Devils lost to Georgia Tech 49-10. The Yellow Jackets solidified themselves a berth in the ACC Championship game.

Sophomore quarterback Jacory Harris threw more touchdowns to the other team than his own team. Harris struggled against the stingy powder and blue defense as he threw a career high four interceptions, two of which were for 77 and 44 yard touchdowns.

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com.

Justin Antweil

University of Miami coach Mark Richt apparently is a fan of President Teddy Roosevelt’s — or at leas ...

If there was one freshman the Miami Hurricanes knew would have to help entering the season, Brevin J ...

Not only has Gerald Willis been one of the best stories of the Miami Hurricanes’ season, he has also ...

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that global pressures are makin ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

Dr. Ralph Sacco, a top neurologist and researcher at the University of Miami Miller School of Medici ...

U.S. Congresswoman and Chairman Emerita of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs Ileana Ros-Lehtine ...

Nearly 400 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service da ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

"In The Pool" is a series highlighting the University of Miami swimming & diving stude ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...