Taste of Miami comes to campus

Taste of Miami LogoThe Miami Hurricane is proud to host the first-ever Taste of Miami on the UC Patio Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Taste of Miami is an opportunity to showcase some of the best dining, shopping, entertainment and basic services the university community has to offer and bring them directly to campus. There is absolutely no cost for all students, faculty and staff.

The inaugural event will include some university favorites like The Big Cheese, which will bring samples of its pizza and pasta, and new establishments like Manny’s Auto Sound, an alumnus-owned local company that will feature a display car to demonstrate their installation services. Taste of Miami will also provide students with the first preview of Smoke’t Southern Kitchen & Tap, which will soon open at the same location that was formally JJ’s Diner.

Jacob Crows

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Corey Gaynor is working hard to solidify his spot as backup center to UM senior standout Tyler Gauth ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...

The University of Miami soccer team will travel to Boca Raton, Fla., Friday night as the team kicks ...

The University of Miami's volleyball team returns to the Knight Sports Complex on Saturday at 3 ...