Sports Briefs

Football

Senior Jason Fox was selected as the ACC Offensive Lineman of the Week after helping lead the Hurricanes to defeat the Oklahoma Sooners. Fox did not allow a sack and posted three pancake tackles, helping the offense to gain 342 total yards.

Women’s Volleyball

Sophomore outside hitter Lane Carico was named the Muscle Milk Student-Athlete of the Week. In the past two matches, Carico recorded 66 kills for a 6.60 kills per set average, 33 digs, an ace and two total blocks. She leads the ACC in kills (243) and was 2008 ACC and American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) East Region Freshman of the Year.

Women’s Golf

Sophomore Jennifer Hirano finished the Mercer University Eat-A-Peach Collegiate at the Idle Hour Country Club tied for 13th place after shooting five-over par 77. Junior Maria Ronderos was the second-highest ranked Hurricane, shooting seven-over par 79 to finish tied for 30th. The team concluded the event at 11th place.

Information compiled from hurricanesports.com.

Ramon Galiana

News Editor

At their best, they are UM’s most dynamic players on each side of the ball. But the Ahmmon Richards ...

A day after practicing in the Carol Soffer Football Indoor Practice Facility for the first time in s ...

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team picked up a victory ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...