Letters to the Editor, Opinion

Letter to the Editor: India article spot-on

I read the piece published about the prejudices against India, and I have to say that I was truly impressed and pleased that this article came out.

I feel as though there has been a “Slumdog Millionaire effect” that has arisen after the movie came out, resulting in jaded views on India and Indians. After seeing the movie, many people came up to me and asked me which slum in India I lived in and which form of “Indian” I spoke. First of all, not all Indians live in slums, which the article in your paper pointed out, and Indian is a nationality, not a language. It would be like if an Indian director made a film called White Trash Winner and everyone in India thought all white people lived in trailers.

A lot of people don’t understand that we have to walk a mile in people’s shoes before we judge. Kudos on the article.

-Chhaya Nene, sophomore

Hurricane Reader

Letter to the Editor

University of Miami students and staff were given fellowships and awards that will allow them to pur

University of Miami President Julio Frenk joins ecologist Simon Levin for a webinar that will explor

The Miami Herbert Business School announced that a student-led committee will commission artwork for

A tireless physician who was always on call, Dr. Sayfie made patients partners in their care.

The temporary move to drop standardized testing requirements will hopefully eliminate some of the st