V's Take

Dearest V: A dry spell leaves me no choice but to produce my own porn

My Dearest V,

I am in a bit of a bind. I have been in a relationship with my girlfriend for about two years now. Overall, I am extremely happy. She is the best girlfriend I could ever ask for – except for one thing. We only have sex once every two months or so. Right now we are going on three months. For the past couple of acts of “coitus” I have secretly video taped our encounters. I then later watch the tapes and pleasure myself to them. I feel horrible doing it but lately I have actually been really turned on by them. Is what I am doing wrong if I keep these videos private? Is it considered pornography if it’s simply for my personal use? Please help!

-Future Film Director

Dear Mr. Polanski (just kidding!),

Three months is quite the dry spell within a relationship, especially when you’re still young. I get your frustration.

When people are faced with sexless relationships, things often take a resentful turn. Someone might end up diving head-first into a basket of porn on a regular basis, or even cheating. It seems to me like because you don’t resent your girlfriend; you want to preserve the integrity of your relationship by not seeking pleasure from other women. This is a good thing.

I looked up the dictionary definition of pornography. It is “the depiction of erotic behavior (as in pictures or writing) intended to cause sexual excitement.” I would say that yes, you are making porn.

If you feel horrible about your cinematic inclinations, you should go with your gut feeling that you’re not acting ethically. You are keeping a secret from someone you care about. Put yourself in her shoes. Wouldn’t it be weird and unsettling to not know that you’re a porn star (even if you are only starring for one person)?

Not to mention, what you’re doing might technically be illegal. In Florida, it is against the law to record someone’s voice without his or her consent. This includes moaning and screaming your name.

Have you tried finding out why your girlfriend insists on going so long without sex?  You will need to have an honest discussion. Perhaps a solution can be reached through a gained understanding.

But remember, turnaround is fair play. There is no chance of a resolution (and more whoopee) without honesty, so you’ll have to come clean. On one hand, she might love the idea of starring in your personal stash. Then again, things might not go as smoothly as you hope, but it is the right thing to do.

Best of Luck!

Advice Columnist

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ secondary continues to get stronger. Miami, which already holds a pair of comm ...

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

A fabulous team of staff and volunteers labors long and hard, primed with school spirit, behind the ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

The global exploration, media, and education company will kick off a national campaign at UM to offe ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Champion ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team returns to competition this weekend, ...

The University of Miami volleyball team is set to host Clemson and Georgia Tech in the first of four ...

Four members of the Miami women's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Cham ...