Football

BREAKING NEWS: Canes jump six spots to No. 11

Alex Broadwell//The Miami Hurricane Linebacker Colin McCarthy celebrates the win with senior Matt Perrelli.

Linebacker Colin McCarthy celebrates the win with senior Matt Perrelli. Alex Broadwell // The Miami Hurricane

The U is officially back.

Miami responded after an embarrassing loss to Virginia Tech last week by squeaking by perennial power house No. 8 Oklahoma 21-20 in front of 61,790 fans at Land Shark Stadium last night.

The win moved Miami (3-1, 2-1) to No. 11 in the Associated Press poll.

The Canes beat a team ranked in the top 10 for the first time since November of 2005. Senior running back Javarris James sparked the offense rushing for 150 yards on 15 carries.

Sophomore quarterback Jacory Harris threw two early interceptions but made necessary adjustments. He was 19-for-28 with 202 yards passing and finished with three touchdowns.

Miami next plays Florida A&M (4-0), a Football Championship Subdivision team, at 7 p.m. Saturday.

Justin Antweil

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “BREAKING NEWS: Canes jump six spots to No. 11”

1. Hardcore u says:

What now!! Hokies got lucky. Roll canes roll. The refs in the oaklahoma game sec garbage tried to hand deliver the game to the sooners or should we call them the laters. Come down here cornfed and get your dreams interupted. Swagger never left it just took a break.

Peace