Milov remains in Ryder Trauma Center

Bianca Milov, the 20-year-old University of Miami student who was involved in an accident with a Coral Gables street sweeper Sept. 11, remains in the Ryder Trauma Center at Jackson Memorial Hospital, according to Dr. Patricia A. Whitely, the vice president for student affairs.

Milov, a member of the university’s Delta Phi Epsilon chapter, was hit by the street sweeper around 1 a.m. on the 4000 block of Aurora St. and was reportedly dragged by the vehicle approximately 100 ft.

She has been in intensive care since the accident.

Members of Delta Phi Epsilon have been prohibited from speaking about the situation and therefore could not comment.

Whitely said she spoke to Milov’s family, and they appreciated the outpouring of support and love from the university community and her many friends.

“We continue to remain hopeful and I am in touch with her parents each and everyday,” Whitely said. “It’s going to be a long journey back.”

Megan Terilli

Online Editor

ONE COMMENT ON THIS POST To “Milov remains in Ryder Trauma Center”

1. Anonymous says:

Was anyone with her. It’s reported she was coming out of the restaurant. Anyone who knows any info on how it happened. Pray she gets well.