Milov remains in Ryder Trauma Center

Bianca Milov, the 20-year-old University of Miami student who was involved in an accident with a Coral Gables street sweeper Sept. 11, remains in the Ryder Trauma Center at Jackson Memorial Hospital, according to Dr. Patricia A. Whitely, the vice president for student affairs.

Milov, a member of the university’s Delta Phi Epsilon chapter, was hit by the street sweeper around 1 a.m. on the 4000 block of Aurora St. and was reportedly dragged by the vehicle approximately 100 ft.

She has been in intensive care since the accident.

Members of Delta Phi Epsilon have been prohibited from speaking about the situation and therefore could not comment.

Whitely said she spoke to Milov’s family, and they appreciated the outpouring of support and love from the university community and her many friends.

“We continue to remain hopeful and I am in touch with her parents each and everyday,” Whitely said. “It’s going to be a long journey back.”

Megan Terilli

Online Editor

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

Mark Richt is sticking with the veteran. The Miami Hurricanes coach announced during the weekly Atla ...

Is there an apt comparison for this year’s American League Championship series between the Boston Re ...

If the University of Miami defense isn’t boiling with frustration by now, it must be simmering in an ...

Miami Hurricanes redshirt senior Gerald Willis was the lone UM football player chosen for the Associ ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

A grant from the German government will support a series of roundtable and networking sessions on U. ...

As BioNIUM’s new director, the chair of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology plans t ...

Fareed Zakaria, a CNN host, journalist and author, tells UM students that globalization and technolo ...

The program, in which UM students mentor high school students, aims to get first generation students ...

For the second straight year, all of the Miami women's basketball teams will be televised and f ...

The University of Miami soccer team heads to the Tar Heel state for a pair of road matches beginning ...

Get to Know U is a series that introduces the newest members of the Miami Hurricanes track and field ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...