Miami Playboy model discusses experiences

Alexandra Ford is the University of Miami representative for the “Girls of the ACC” spread in Playboy currently available at newsstands.

The Miami Hurricane: What sparked your interest in posing for Playboy?
Alexandra Ford:  I have always loved Playboy. It has a lot of interesting and beautiful girls. So when my sister saw the advertisement in the Sun-Sentinel that said they were looking for co-eds to audition she told me. I went and I got a call back.
TMH: What were the auditions like?
Ford: You got to pick your own time. The set was for half an hour and you didn’t see any other co-eds, that way you felt comfortable.
TMH: What do you think made Playboy interested in you?
Ford: I am energetic and I laugh at a lot. I am also shy at times.
TMH: How do you feel about the end result of the photo shoot?
Ford: I loved it and want more pictures. If you want more pictures you can apply to be part of the Playboy Cyber Club online.
TMH: How do your parents feel about you being in Playboy?
Ford: My dad is pumped, he is telling all of his friends. My mom says that I am an adult and can do what I want.
TMH: Are you interested in modeling again?
Ford: If Playboy calls me again, I will. I am ready to take the next step.
TMH: What are your career aspirations?
Ford: I want to be a vet for marine mammals and work by the water with dolphins and sea lions. I can be in a bathing suit all day. My main focus is school and animals. If more opportunities came up to model that would be awesome.

Ed S. Fishman

News Editor

Instead of in-person celebrations at Hard Rock Stadium, President Julio Frenk announced that the University of Miami will hold its four observances online because of updated COVID-19 data. ...

The newly chartered Peruvian Students Association seeks to expand its impact and influence beyond campus, supporting protests against education cutbacks in the South American country and connecting students across the United States to their Andean roots. ...

Leyna Stemle found that by attaching green LED lights to fishing nets in Ghana, the illumination was able to divert most of the reptiles from becoming entangled and hurt. ...

As the world observes the 32nd annual World AIDS Day, a University of Miami team is shining a bright light on a neighborhood initiative to curtail the epidemic. ...

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...