Football

Jacory Harris earns weekly honors

For the second time in as many games, sophomore quarterback Jacory Harris has been named Atlantic Coast Confernce Offensive Back of the Week after his performance against No. 14 Georgia Tech Thursday night. Harris completed 80 percent of his passes while tossing for 270 yards and three touchdowns.

Harris earned ACC Offensive Back of the Week honors after his week-one performance against No. 18 Florida State. He threw for a career-high 386 yards in a thrilling 38-34 win.

The ACC also announced that the time of the Miami vs. Oklahoma game on Oct. 3 will either be at 3:30 p.m. or 8:00 p.m. The time will be finalized on Sunday.

No. 9 Miami travels to Blacksburg, Va., to battle Coastal division foe No. 11 Virginia Tech on Saturday at 3:30 p.m.

Justin Antweil may be contacted at jantweil@themiamihurricane.com.

Justin Antweil

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team will begin her fall campaign Thursday a ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to return to Cobb Stadium, where it will host No. 12 Duke ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...