Freshman Tailgate replaces Freshman Walk

This year, in lieu of the annual on-field walk for the first home game of the season, freshmen will be treated to a tailgating party to kick off the start of football season and their college careers at the University of Miami.

Category 5, the university’s spirit programming board, has worked diligently to plan the event to welcome new students.

“Logistically the walk did not work,” said Cortney Tidwell, Cat 5’s chairman. “So instead we have worked to bring a tailgate party prior to kickoff to celebrate.”

The tailgate will include DJs from Power 96, free food, and giveaways and will be held just outside of the student entrance, Gate B at Landshark Stadium.

In addition, busses will be available to transport commuting freshmen as well as others to and from the stadium.

The pickup is at the BankUnited Center loading dock and will run from 3:30 p.m to 4:30. Students should pick up the sticker for bus use anytime at the UC front desk during distribution days.

The reserved student seating has changed from last year as well. Students will now be seated in section 153 and 154 of the lower bowl.

Students should wear orange to the game.

Megan Terilli

Contributing EDGE Writer

The Miami Hurricanes started the season No. 8 nationally in both major polls. Now, they’re nowhere t ...

With a bye week on the horizon, the meager University of Miami offense has nearly two weeks to attem ...

As bleak as it seems now for the University of Miami, the Canes can still take a repeat trip to Char ...

A half dozen takeaways from UM’s demoralizing 16-13 loss at Virginia on Saturday: ▪ As was the case ...

So, who’s the quarterback now? The No. 16 Miami Hurricanes came to Charlottesville on Saturday with ...

More than 600 students participate in the National Gandhi Day of Service, the largest annual service ...

Home Truth, the story of Jessica Lenahan’s pursuit of more effective domestic violence laws, screene ...

Members of the UM community who want to donate to relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricanes Mi ...

The University of Miami’s Model UN is working to expand its membership and reputation with its first ...

During a keynote address at a conference in Los Angeles, entrepreneurial heavyweight Magic Leap anno ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball team improved to 10-5, 6-2 in the ACC, with a 3-0 sweep of Boston Co ...

The Miami women's tennis team closed the Bedford Cup with a perfect day, winning each match in ...

Playing in front of a boisterous home crowd, the University of Miami soccer team earned a, 1-1, draw ...

The Hurricanes fell in their ACC road opener to the Virginia Cavaliers. ...

The Canes have won five straight games and are 2-0 in the ACC, but they know they have a tough road ...