Freshman Tailgate replaces Freshman Walk

This year, in lieu of the annual on-field walk for the first home game of the season, freshmen will be treated to a tailgating party to kick off the start of football season and their college careers at the University of Miami.

Category 5, the university’s spirit programming board, has worked diligently to plan the event to welcome new students.

“Logistically the walk did not work,” said Cortney Tidwell, Cat 5’s chairman. “So instead we have worked to bring a tailgate party prior to kickoff to celebrate.”

The tailgate will include DJs from Power 96, free food, and giveaways and will be held just outside of the student entrance, Gate B at Landshark Stadium.

In addition, busses will be available to transport commuting freshmen as well as others to and from the stadium.

The pickup is at the BankUnited Center loading dock and will run from 3:30 p.m to 4:30. Students should pick up the sticker for bus use anytime at the UC front desk during distribution days.

The reserved student seating has changed from last year as well. Students will now be seated in section 153 and 154 of the lower bowl.

Students should wear orange to the game.

Megan Terilli

Contributing EDGE Writer

A University of Miami political scientist weighs in on whether election polls can be trusted given what occurred in 2016 and again last year. ...

A professor in the School of Communication, and an expert on the history of television sitcoms, writes about the 50th anniversary of “All in the Family.” ...

The former executive vice president and provost served from 1986 to 2005, elevating the University’s stature as a leading research institution. ...

The Hemispheric University Consortium is connecting universities and students for critical conversations focused on solving some of the world’s most pressing problems, such as climate change. ...

Experts say creativity and kindness can help make the most of this challenging holiday season. ...